Experience for Trades (Mining and the like)

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Experience for Trades (Mining and the like)

Post by Orplar » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:25 pm

Hello all,

I was wondering if it would be possible to have trades give experience. I know that brewing and scribing bilds up xp, but mining/smelting/smithing or any other trade in my experience, does not do that.

Would that be a doable idea?

Thoughts?
"Be bold and let your feet guide you upon your own path. With any Luck, you'll wind up in a fabulous place. Work upon your skills, perfect them. You will be rewarded as you want" - Orplar Leafall, Lucks Guide
Japcil
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Japcil » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:08 am

Skill experience or overall character level experience?
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Orplar » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:15 am

Level experience.

Its stated in the help scribe/brew helpfiles that scribing/brewing gives experience. Was wondering if trades could be made to do the same.
"Be bold and let your feet guide you upon your own path. With any Luck, you'll wind up in a fabulous place. Work upon your skills, perfect them. You will be rewarded as you want" - Orplar Leafall, Lucks Guide
Japcil
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Japcil » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:17 am

I figured as much but I wanted to clarify.
Kelemvor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kelemvor » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:23 pm

Trades always have given experience and the exp modifiers for smelting and smithing are the same as those for brewing and scribing.

Brewing and scribing likely give faster or more obvious experience gains because they also involve the casting of spells/reciting of prayers.

If you are convinced that currently no exp is gained from these trades, post this as a bug for someone to test. Should be a simple enough matter to do a bit of smelting and smithing and see if exp goes up or not.
...never send to know for whom the bell tolls,
it tolls for thee.
Jzexleth
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Jzexleth » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:28 pm

I'll post it as a bug for test. Granted my miner is lvl 49, but I mined for a solid hour and my experience level never budged from "Your journey has just begun".
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:00 pm

It may be that the amount of experience gained at that level is negligible. Keep in mind you're level 49. That's the equivelent of level 19 in regular Dungeons and Dragons.

I would suggest, however, that skill gains/spell gains/trade gains give a standard % amount to experience if they don't already.
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights