[EVENT] Squire lessons

A place to announce forthcoming events and roleplays, organised by imms or players.
Feinn
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Feinn » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:09 pm

Currently, logging in is a little problematic for me. I'd bore you with the details, but you'd just laugh.

For those of you experiencing similar difficulties and missing me the one time you can get on, my sincere apologies. The rest of you have had plenty of lessons, so a couple of weeks won't hurt :)

I will do my best to be available next Wednesday.
Love magic for itself. Do not treat it just as a weapon to reshape the world to your will. True wisdom is knowing when not to use magic. Magic is an Art, the Gift of the Lady, and those who wield it are privileged in the extreme.
Larethiel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Larethiel » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:12 pm

If there are lessons today I might be a bit delayed :) But I'll be there ;)
Weit in der Champagne im Mittsommergrün,
dort, wo zwischen Grabkreuzen Mohnblumen blühn,
da flüstern die Gräser und wiegen sich leicht
im Wind, der sanft über das Gräberfeld streicht.
Lukon
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Lukon » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:25 pm

Lukon will likely not be attending lessons today. Real life intervenes with a nice three-mile walk I need to take.
"Everybody dies sometime..."
Horace
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Horace » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:32 pm

Lukon wrote:Lukon will likely not be attending lessons today. Real life intervenes with a nice three-mile walk I need to take.
Got yourself an OWI? I hear ya man.
Listen up! People pay good money to see this movie! When they go out to a theater they want cold sodas, hot popcorn, and no monsters in the projection booth! Do I have to come up there myself? Do you think the Gremsters can stand up to the Hulkster?
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:48 pm

Are lessons still ongoing, or are they on hiatus? With a bit of finagling, I could be there tomorrow (for a change...my apologies that I've been unable to attend since my return.)
Caelnai
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Caelnai » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:03 am

Off and on. I can't make tomorrow due to work, but I'll be there next week.
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:30 am

Thank you for the update! We squires will try to be in attendance next week (August 28).
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:19 pm

My timing isn't so good in asking this, since yesterday's meeting time has come and gone, but would you like us to inform you when we know we won't be able to make it? I fear that will be my default again now that classes have started, though I don't teach over that timeslot this term, so some days I might squeak in a chance to attend.
Feinn
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Feinn » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:09 pm

I used some of my vacation time to good effect last week and the week before, catching squires at times that better suited them.

Alas, now I'm back at work my log-ins are hampered once more. Lookign at the various PMs I've been sent, Wednesdays is no longer the best day for even half of the Squires.

Luckily/spookily/oddly... I have trouble making the Wednesday slot myself. So a review is probably overdue.

How would a Thursday at the usual time be for everyone? That would be approximately 7 hours from the time of this post.
Love magic for itself. Do not treat it just as a weapon to reshape the world to your will. True wisdom is knowing when not to use magic. Magic is an Art, the Gift of the Lady, and those who wield it are privileged in the extreme.
Larethiel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Larethiel » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:47 pm

My Thursday evenings are normally full with some rl business which might either delay me for 30 mins to an hour or make me unable to attend at alll. But I try.
Feinn
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Feinn » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:42 pm

That didn't quite turn out as I planned. Apologies to those who may have waited in vain, by the time I was able to log on there were none of you to be seen.

I'll try again tomorrow night around the same time
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:09 am

Thursdays at that time I fear I'm teaching a lab, and 100% won't be able to make it...no sneaking out of lab early! But I'm totally swamped at work anyway, and will remain so for at least a few weeks. After that, MWF will be the better non-weekend days for me, and all will remain a challenge, esp. Mondays. Tuesdays and Thursdays, I fear, are right out because of my teaching schedule.

If Thursday (or Friday?) works for other squires, please roll with it...and my fellows, if that's you, and Thursday is good for you...speak up! :D Let's give our instructor some feedback to work with...he's asking what works for us!
Dranso
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dranso » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:06 pm

Does anyone know when the next lessons will be to help people become squires?
Larethiel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Larethiel » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:42 pm

No, but I believe stating possible times and dates might be a good idea :D And of course...playing +cough+
Larethiel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Larethiel » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:14 pm

Is there a chance to have a few of them sooner or later, again? :)
Kelemvor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kelemvor » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:30 pm

I'll try to arrange a get together for the current knights so we can look at moving squires along again.

The main problem continues to be real life spoiling our best efforts unfortunately
...never send to know for whom the bell tolls,
it tolls for thee.
Jaenoic
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Jaenoic » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:46 pm

This semester finds me rather busy, but evenings EST (From around 9pm GMT) on Tuesday and Thursday I'm available. Actually, only every other Tuesday. =P No Wednesday or Mondays, though. Weekends are generally spent doing real-life things as well.

But anyway, I'm happy to help however I can.
Jaenoic
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: [EVENT] Squire lessons

Post by Jaenoic » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:34 pm

Notes are placed in the Halls of Justice and in the temples of goodly faiths:
A call to all squires and pages! It has become apparent that in recent years many squires have fallen behind in their formal lessons. In these dark times of trouble, when evil lurks the realms, we must work diligently to further ourselves down the path of righteousness, that we might stand strong against these evils. To that end, I, lady Jaenoic of Ilmater, shall make myself available to discuss mentoring and lessons. I ask that all squires who desire to continue their path attend this meeting, or else request they send word to me in some form of their desire to continue learning. The gathering shall be in the Halls of Justice, Waterdeep.

Signed sincerely,
Lady Jaenoic Jerald
Holy Warrior of Suffering

OOC: There were many squires who attended sir Feinn's muster, but still lack a paladin mentor. This meeting is intended to help those squires and pages, and any new squires and pages since then, get back on track. Proposed time is:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... c=0&p1=861

Please post time suggestions.

Edited to add: Any paladins who wish to attend to offer themselves for squiring are also welcome!
Edited again to add: It does not matter how old your squire is or how long they have been gone. This is your chance to bring them back from wherever squires go when they are not doing their chores. :D
Saranya
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Saranya » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:53 pm

Yay! Thanks for organizing this! I'm already enjoying that many Squires and Knights have been coming out of the woodwork recently.

I should be able to make the proposed time barring anymore work schedule changes. :roll:
Sindri
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Sindri » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:57 pm

Yes, thanks for setting this up! Alfrid will be there, but may have to duck out after an hour or so.