[EVENT] Heros of the past gathering

A place to announce forthcoming events and roleplays, organised by imms or players.
Dranso
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

[EVENT] Heros of the past gathering

Post by Dranso » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:32 am

I recently came to realize I barely see any players from the past on. So I came to thinking that we could put together a party for some old time heros. It would be a chance for some oldies to get on and strut their stuff. It would be a chance for people that haven't logged on in a while to get on and check out some cool new things on FK. It would be a chance to dust off that old character that just got boring to play because they were too good and you have done everything possible on them. It would be a chance to meet up with some friends you haven't seen in years, and it might also be a chance to interact with some new people.

So what are the thoughts about this. Is it possible? Where would be a good place to hold this? What would be a good time for everyone? Who all would be going? What are some possible events that could happen in this gathering, spars, adventures, a feast?
Horace
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Horace » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:51 am

I love the concept. I know if I put a hero caliber character into retirement 4 years ago, I'd be very much interested in a 2 or 4 hour reunion roleplay in some lodge.

And then maybe afterwards a few might go visit old haunts or something like that - having the potential of running into up and comers that may remind them of their own situation years ago.

I like the idea a lot. A great player run function that has no expectation other than whimsical roleplay with a character of whom you can make up whatever story you want to explaining their time in "retirement".

Love it
Listen up! People pay good money to see this movie! When they go out to a theater they want cold sodas, hot popcorn, and no monsters in the projection booth! Do I have to come up there myself? Do you think the Gremsters can stand up to the Hulkster?
Ilnthis
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

hero's gathering

Post by Ilnthis » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:25 pm

I for one would be interested, even though I don't actually have a hero class character, one or two of my alts most likely knew several of them :D if there is any new news on this, I am highly interested in learning of it, its a great idea
Never try to teach a pig to sing, it wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:20 pm

What are considered Heroes? Heroes in most perception are do-gooders that have become reknown through the actions they performed.

Is this a good-aligned only event suggestion?
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights
Isaldur
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Isaldur » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:02 pm

For some reason all that comes to mind is the Silver Horde..
A sapphire haired male aasimar replies to you 'What would you get Tanya for a wedding present?'
You reply to A sapphire haired male aasimar 'A swift kick to the head. '
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:22 pm

"What is it that a man may call the greatest things in life?"
- "Hot water, good dentishtry and shoft lavatory paper."
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:48 pm

I thought it was "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women?"
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:40 am

As "hero" do you mean those who were once given L51, head of a church, leader of a guild, or just those who played long ago?
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity
Dranso
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dranso » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:38 am

You can be good, evil, ugly, bald, fat, short. You may not get along with others there though but you may meet a few friends. And level 50 up since most oldies are lvl 50 anyway. And as long as you have played for a few years. You may not even technicaly be qualified as a hero but you may still want to come and check and see who you can hang out with.

Um... closest thing that I can say to describe a hero would be Ketlic like or Takket like who have been playing forever and still log on. Or Algon and Andreas like who have been playing forever but don't log on. Or Rynn and Arlen like who have been playing forever and still long on and are FMs. Even old evil heroes like, the scariest guy around, Averlathmai (hope i spelled it right) or Myn. [there are many more I'm sure ;)] And of course we will be hosting this in a neutral sight I hope, I like the idea of a lodge somewhere in the mountains.

So pretty much if you think your well known, a good player and have been playing a while come check it out. I hope to get a time up soon.
Zilvryn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Zilvryn » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:10 pm

zomg you called Aver the scariest guy around.

/cackles

[Edit] I want to come on Laerith as well :( [/edit]
What matters the most is how well you walk through the fire.
Kirkus
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kirkus » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:56 pm

I would like to propose an amendment to Dranso's post: I would like it to read 'good, bad, ugly, etc....'
I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Rhytania
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Rhytania » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:24 pm

I would love to attend, a good way for rhy to see old freinds and say her final farewells. Hopefully the event is sooner rather than later as trip canopy jungle tends to dampen your internet signal.
Dranso
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dranso » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:48 am

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... in=0&sec=0

Here is the first time I came up with. If you think it definatly needs to be changed please say so.
Isaldur
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Isaldur » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:38 am

I wouldn't say change it for me but I'm working that night.
A sapphire haired male aasimar replies to you 'What would you get Tanya for a wedding present?'
You reply to A sapphire haired male aasimar 'A swift kick to the head. '
Kohadon
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Kohadon » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:29 pm

Players were given lvl 51?
Jaenoic
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Jaenoic » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:50 pm

Once upon a time all white titles received an extra level, and there was a white title for each guild as well as for high knights, in addition to high priest(esse)s. So yes, there used to be L51 characters.
Lathlain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lathlain » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:57 pm

Back in the days of yore *Nods wistfully*

Hero levels were originally granted to high priests, faith managers and heroes of events (Such as the fighters' tourney and the various wizard guild gatherings) mostly. The act of being made level 51 gave a character the infamous white title.

edit: I'm just a slow typer :wink: See above.
"This is General Lath'lain Dy'nesir, of the Ebon Spur. Walking Murder surrounded by a thin veneer of civility."
-Miriel
Dranso
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dranso » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:35 pm

Well I'm sure this even will go on for many hours. So don't worry if you can't show up at the beginning. But still if I get a lot of replies back saying the time is bad I'll be more than happy to change it.

Next item of business is to figure out where to have this shin dig. Any ideas, a neutral site would be best.
Zilvryn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Zilvryn » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:50 pm

*sigh* I'm deploying on exercise tomorrow till next thursday, can someone log this for me? Looks like it'll be a good shindig.
What matters the most is how well you walk through the fire.
Dranso
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dranso » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:50 pm

I'm thinking about holding the festivities in the Inn in Triel. Any opposed?