[EVENT] Drow a call to arms

A place to announce forthcoming events and roleplays, organised by imms or players.
Duranamir
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

[EVENT] Drow a call to arms

Post by Duranamir » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:17 pm

A call to Arms

I Yzdis Tlabber favoured of Lloth do declare a crusade against the foul and godless creatures of the Dark dominions. Let all Drow who hear answer my call. Even if you are unblessed by Lloth's divine grace you may have a role to serve in this great task.

The creatures around our great cities have been allowed to live in peace too long, let us show them what it means to live near such greatness. They shall fall to there knees in worship or be slain where they stand and there souls offered in glorious sacrifice to the queen of Spiders.

Any from the recently graduated to the greatest priestesses of the house's can do there part to bring the full might of the Drow down on the pitiful creatures of the Underdark and enforce the divine will of Lloth .

All praise to Lloth

Yzdis Tlabber priestess.

OOC

As per the discussion in the race forums, lets try and coordinate some Drow roleplay for This Friday 14th November and use it as a spring board to get people RP'ng. Not proposing anything too complicated as far as story line this time, once we know who and what we are playing with we can expand.

Time wise, respond to this note if you can and we will work out some time or possibly several times.
Caelnai
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: [EVENT] Drow a call to arms

Post by Caelnai » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:50 pm

I'm there. Any time is good for me, so long as it is not super late game time.
Namic
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Namic » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:36 pm

Well change to original plans some irl issues came up so unfortunately I will be unable to attend :( but on the next one I will try extra hard to be there.
Last edited by Namic on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:08 am

IF I can show up, I'll be available at the earliest this time...

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... c=0&p1=127

and I'd (if I can come on) have a good 4 hours to dedicate to some hardcore drow RP with Jysrak.

I'll hit ya all up later on on whether or not I'll actually be able to come on, but if I can it'll have to be that time-frame.
Jysrak Armgo of House Barrison Del'Armgo -MENZO-
Jys/rak: Jys = Hard, steel, unyielding, /rak = Chaos, storm, tempest
Zilvryn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Zilvryn » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:41 am

I'm there =)
What matters the most is how well you walk through the fire.
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:17 am

Bleh, thats a no-go.

Hope ya all have fun there, cya all throughout the week.
Duranamir
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Duranamir » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:54 am

Added to the end of the previous note.

All those who will answer LLoths call come to the Bazzaar in two 10 days time at the dieing of Narbondel. Come equipped for war !

Yzdis Tlabber, priestess favoured of Lloth

OOC

Prospective time, i will most probably be on before this and certainly for as long after as i can stay awake !

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... c=0&p1=136

It has been very nice to see so many Drow on in the recent week or so both new and old :)

Duranamir
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:44 am

(Good initiative, Duranamir !!!)
Duranamir
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Duranamir » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:43 am

From post about events forum

Dalvyn
when are the drow going to put their money [or rather time] where their mouth is and set up an event to show that drow still live on the mud?).
I did take note :)

Duranamir
Peverell
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Peverell » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:31 pm

I've been considering making a drow for a while now. Two things were stopping me. One: For some reason I got it into my head that it cost 900 kismet to make a drow. Two: The lack of drow activity (I started a character in Skullport once as an experiment... Didn't want to have to go through all that again!)

So, a few weeks ago I realised I was mistaken about the kismet cost, and I was encouraged by the thought of some regular drow RP days. I've met a few PCs now, still very early days but starting to carve out my way in the world and make some connections ^_^ I'll be on as much as I can on Friday, from a bit before the time Duranamir posted until the coffee runs out. I'm sure you'll work out who my drow alt is soon enough :wink:
At Home With the Goldfarbs:
http://i39.tinypic.com/28hin4n.jpg
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:06 pm

Wow, I haven't seen this many drow on in forever, and it isn't even the day of the event. Thanks big time.
Zilvryn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Zilvryn » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:24 pm

Bathing baby, then i'll be logging...
What matters the most is how well you walk through the fire.
Caelnai
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Caelnai » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:44 pm

Alas, work has decided I will not be attending. I have requested next Friday off and will be making suitable offerings to Lloth to ensure that happens. :twisted:

Thanks again for organizing this!
Duranamir
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Duranamir » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:34 am

Thankyou to everyone for attending this, it has been great fun to see more than 10 Drow playing over the last few hours, both new and old. I enjoyed myself immensley and hope everyone else did too .

Yzdis Tlabbar very happy priestess :)
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:49 am

The event was awesome, we had a lot of people there. Thanks to all in the Drow Nation and I figure this is the thread to post this...

Next friday lets have another event at the same exact time, we'll do the same exact thing (drow RP, combat, being part of a squad etc...) next time. Meet up at the square, have a cool RP, and go from there. Hope it works out, see ya over the course of the week.
Duranamir
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Duranamir » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:16 pm

Message posted in the Bazaar in Menzoberranzan in darkspeech

Duranamir the merchant wish to announce a sale of rare and unusual items acquired at great cost from Ched Nasad, Skullport and even the legendary surface. All prices reasonable and discounts available for large purchases.

The items will include Jewellery, items of clothing, assorted unusual and extraordinary items. Also many components and items to aid the magic of both mages and priestesses.

He will present himself in the Bazaar in 4 tendays time. Any items he does not have can be ordered either at the time or earlier via magical communication.

Written in flowing script and sealed with a sigil of a gem surrounded by black flames

OOC

Again on Friday this time a little later (see below). An opportunity to buy all those components and bits of stuff you have always wanted for your Drow :). And of course another opportunity for Drow RP...!

Cyprianus
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Cyprianus » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:51 pm

I'll try to make myself available most times, my internet connection is not that good though
Greed is Good
Duranamir
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Duranamir » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:16 pm

I Yzdis Tlabbar do declare a service of glory to Lloth to be held in the great temple of the Academy

It has been too long since the faithful of Lloth have given sacrifice to our great and powerful mother. Therefore i call the faithful to observe the celebration of a sacrifice in her name. Even those yet unblessed by her touch may attend to observe her majesty. The time will be the next new moon as it occurs on the surface.

If no suitable sacrifice is provided one of the celebrants will be chosen for this great honour.

Yzdis Tlabbar Priestess favoured of Lloth

OOC

As before i will tend to be around in one form or other for as many hours as i can manage on this day for some fun Drow RP :)
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:57 am

Dang, sorry I haven't been logging nearly as often as I used to everyone. I won't be able to log on in a while. Hope all is going well, cya all as soon as I'm off restriction
Duranamir
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Duranamir » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:40 pm

Let there be joy unbounded in Menzoberranzan. Lloth saw fit to make her presence felt in the city after a suitable sacrifice was made in her name. Though the sacrifice was perhaps not the thinnest or most handsome of elven males and his red cloths and white beard were a little unusual his eventual and admittedly rather unusual death was accepted by the queen of spiders. His heretical pronouncements about naughty lists and coal do not frighten those strong in Lloths faith. Indeed the strange sugar items Lloth created from his mortal remains shall be treasured as artefacts of great power within the houses.

OCC I really wish i had logged this RP as apart from being quite Drowish it was absolutely hilarious. :D So a big thank you to the IMM who came down to play with the Drow.

Let all those who were not present know that Lloth's many eyes are upon you. Let all do there part to increase the power of out great city. To that end i call on all those who wish her blessing whether lowly students or the greatest hero's of the houses to assemble in the Bazaar in a few days time.

Yzdis Tlabber priestess of Lloth

OCC Another opportunity for Drow RP I intend to try and keep the idea of the Friday RP going if anyone else has some good ideas for specific RP's just post here and we can pickup and run with them.

As usual I will be around before and after this time in some form or another.