Hitroll decreases when wielding 2H weapon:

This forum contains bugs which the test team have been unable to reproduce.
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Hitroll decreases when wielding 2H weapon:

Post by Selveem » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:36 am

You stop using a fullblade with a silver skull-shaped hilt.

It is a fullblade in the great blades category of weapons.
It can be picked up, held, held in both hands.
It cannot be worn with any other armour.
It is medium in size.
It is made of steel and weighs about 21 pounds.

Damage Bonus: above average Hit Bonus: legendary

You feel proficient with a fullblade with a silver skull-shaped hilt.
You hold a fullblade with a silver skull-shaped hilt in both of your hands.

Damage Bonus: good Hit Bonus: above average
I do not know if this happens with all two-handed weapons, but this happens with the fullblade.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Re: Hitroll decreases when wielding 2H weapon:

Post by Harroghty » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:27 am

I tested this with a two-handed claymore (i9307), a fullblade with a silver skull-shaped hilt (i7426), and a two-handed sword of duty (i4224) and did not experience similar results. My character's to hit bonus remained the same (or displayed the same adjective) with each different weapon and when unarmed. This result may have been caused by other conditions.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:28 pm

Selveem, I suspect this is a result of being more skilled with your fists than you are with a two-handed blade. Does that make sense in light of your brawling and two-handed blade skills?
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:59 pm

I wasn't aware that would make a difference.

In D&D, if you are skilled with a weapon, your hitroll is unchanged. If FK is different, that would make sense.

You are correct in that my brawling is GMed but my two-handed is not.
Moloch
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Moloch » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:05 pm

From what I have noticed in my experience, hitroll should remain unchanged. How old is that blade?
"My pain is constant and sharp, and I do not hope for a better world. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to survive."
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:40 pm

I agree. In my test, the skill levels were vastly different and I still did not see a difference in the "to hit" value.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Keltorn
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Keltorn » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:03 pm

Was the fullblade in question originally sized for your character, or was it resized? There's been a problem with resized weapons (a penalty being applied to your hitroll) ever since the size code update. I've seen it on a couple of characters now.
"Let all on whom Her light falls be welcome if they desire. Trust in Her radiance, and know that all love alive under Her light shall know her blessing. Promote acceptance and tolerance. See all other beings as equals."
Kallias
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Kallias » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:01 pm

I've experienced what Keltorn describes, resizing being the factor moreso than if it's two handed.
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:29 am

Tested and confirmed.

I bought a new fullblade and my hitroll remained at legendary.

Thanks.
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:46 pm

A bit more detail from testing on the testport: some weapons, including mundane ones of not particularly low or high quality that have not been resized, change the Hit Bonus. It is not impacted by one's skill with the weapon, though. I have not yet figured out if there is any pattern to which weapons change the hit bonus, and/or whether it is a bug.
Dalmil
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Dalmil » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:26 am

This also happens when you are a small race and try to resize a weapon to your size category. If you buy a gnome-sized (small) weapon from a shop it works fine, but if you try to buy a human-sized (medium) or bigger weapon and try to have it resized so that you can use it, your hit bonus drops to non-existent.
-Dalmil the Magician
Tavik
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tavik » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:42 pm

I couldn't replicate any of this. In the cases where holding a weapon changes the hit bonus, it seems to always make it go up. Most weapons (that I checked anyway) don't affect hit. Weapons that have been reduced in size do not seem to drop the hit bonus. Moving this to unconfirmed for now. Please let us know if this is observed again and with what weapon it is observed.
Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die. ~Mel Brooks