[ITEM] Folios

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Dalmil
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

[ITEM] Folios

Post by Dalmil » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:15 am

Various times I have tried to get a specific parchment from my pack or scroll case and ended up grabbing the wrong one. I know you can use the title to get the parchment, but I was thinking that it would add a bit more organization and less time digging around in packs if you could buy a simple folio (folder) that you would be able to title and then place notes/parchments that correspond to the topic inside of it, forming a loose page book that you can add/subtract from whenever you need to do so. Kind of like the portfolio that bards get, but bards could also make use of them by placing pages from the same story/song into a folio, then placing the folios inside their portfolio, allowing them to locate a their works in progress easily and efficiently.

As a side note, seeing as how some PC's are strength challenged and really can't carry much more than the necessities of their profession, if the item was put into the game, I would suggest that they be of a lightweight material. :)

As far as I can tell, it could be as easy as restringing a piece of parchment to "a <material here> folio, then making it a container. Give the item its own vnum and place it to load in shops that would sell that sort of thing. I'm no builder though, so it could involve a bit more than that.
-Dalmil the Magician