Memorization: Domain spells trained

This forum contains bugs which the test team think are fixed are awaiting confirmation from the initial reporter of the bug.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Memorization: Domain spells trained

Post by Mele » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:45 pm

For Daunyelle's level four domain spells she has fireshield and enervation.

Fireshield is a spell she also has trained, and uses.

If I memorize fireshield NOT domain, it will not allow me to fill that domain slot. If I memorize it domain it will not allow me to fill the slot with more fireshield. If I forget all fireshield and memorize enervation as me domain, I can fill the level four slots with non fireshield spells.

I played with it for a while and couldn't use fireshield as non domain w/o sacrifcing that one domain slot. :)

Also: If I mem it non domain, it pushes all the other domain spells up a level. IE: My level four domain goes to five slot, five to six, etc.
Beshaba potatoes.
Solaghar
Staff
Staff

Re: Memorization: Domain spells trained

Post by Solaghar » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:45 pm

I have this problem with Zarafae and invis (normally trained and also a faith spell) and the solution is this...

1. Fill up all available slots in the desired level with non-domain.
2. Fill up domain spell with whatever domain spell you want.
3. Forget non-domain spell, replace with the spell you have normally trained which is also a domain spell (in this case, fireshield)

The key is making sure that you have all other possible domain spells forgotten and your own domain slot filled before you memorize the domain spells you have trained normally. It's a bit byzantine but I can always get it to work like this.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:24 pm

I tried it that way, and still I'm losing one spot. :)
Beshaba potatoes.
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:26 pm

I just had this problem today. Oddly, I didn't have the problem before.

I filled up all spell slots with regular spells.
Then, I went in and typed 'mem domain shield' 8 times expecting it to fill all 8 levels of spell slots.
It said I didn't have enough spell slots, so I checked. It skipped 6 and 7.

I forgot them all per Player Council request and re-attempted. This time, I was successful in memorizing all except 6th level domains.

I tried forgetting them all again and memorizing 5 shield spells as domains, then for the 6th, I attempted to memorize antimagic shell instead (a 6th level domain). It skipped the 6th level domain again.

Posted info per Player Council. Can provide log if needed.
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights
Caelnai
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Caelnai » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:37 pm

Previously entered into Bugzilla (742). See also duplicate (801). This is NOT fixed and I am currently running test progs to nail down exactly what the problems are. I'll update in Bugzilla (742). This one's tricksy, so thanks for everyone's reports on this!!

Please move to Confirmed.
Caelnai
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Caelnai » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:49 pm

Three separate bugs with mem spells were fixed under 742/801. I think everything is now working correctly. I hope. :lol:
Caelnai
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Caelnai » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:32 pm

Two of these bugs have become "unfixed" allowing you to mem too many domain spells and having them go in the wrong slot. Now entered in Bugzilla (906) and (742) respectively.

You should only be able to mem one domain spell per level. Bypassing this should be considered code abuse.

Thanks all for the reports! :D