Axes!

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Yavor
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Axes!

Post by Yavor » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:02 pm

Hello friends.

I was wondering how axes are portrayed in FK, so I thought that perhaps someone could give me some light into this.

In D&D you have handaxes, battleaxes and greataxes ordered by damage output but in the helpfiles I have only seen references to handaxes and battleaxes but no so to greataxes, does anyone knows if any of those takes the place of greataxes or simply this type of weapon doesn't exist in FK?

Only the dead have seen the end of war. ~Plato
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Re: Axes!

Post by Harroghty » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:52 pm

Hi there.

Axes are divided into two coded categories regardless of what descriptions you might see of the weapons (battleaxe, handaxe, waraxe, usw.): "long axes" and "short axes". There is no other category for axes. If you want to pursue a "great axe" kind of proficiency with your guy then I would recommend focusing on the "long axes" category. Was that helpful?
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Yavor
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Yavor » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:55 am

Yes, although I have observed that in neither of both categories exists the two-handed axe (great axe), am I right? Battle axes, can be held in one hand, same as short axes.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:52 pm

There are two-handed axes and they are probably coded as WEAPON_TYPE_BATTLE_AXE (so in the "Long Axes" category). That is by no means a guarantee, but I believe that it is your best bet.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Yavor
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Yavor » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:58 pm

Alright, many thanks!