turn undead ability not regaining full charges

This contains bug reports which the test team have confirmed and are now in the queue to be fixed.
Casious
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

turn undead ability not regaining full charges

Post by Casious » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:50 am

Hi,
I think I might have a bug on my character.
My turn dead ability shows as follows:
-----------------------------[Abilities]-----------------------
----------
turn undead 5/6
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its been at 5/6 forever. It has never gone up to 6/6. I dont know if this is a bug or not but I am guessing it is. Any thoughts on this?

Casious
Tavik
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: turn undead ability not regaining full charges

Post by Tavik » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:24 am

This is looking like it might be a problem with race, but I'm still trying to confirm that. Testing is still in progress.
Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die. ~Mel Brooks
Caelnai
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Caelnai » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:34 pm

We've already had some testing on this per testing a problem with paladin abilities not recharging properly. Might check the guild setting as well, Tavik?
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:32 am

I think the Pally problem is different, there full charges are eventually reached, but lost on logout.

I'm thinking of Bugzilla entry 821, which is waiting on me. But I think it's a distinct problem.
Casious
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Casious » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:49 am

Just to update this,
After I submitted the bug post, I saw the ability gain and checked it, it was 6/6.
Today I log in and its 5/6, but I didnt use one from before.

Cas
Athglor
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Athglor » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:20 pm

Perhaps I could be able to throw some light into this issue...

The number of turn attempts a cleric has is related to his charisma, it is a base of 3 attempts plus an additional attempt for each two points of charisma the PC has, also restoring the attempts take some time since are uses for day and it is not affected by meditate.

So Bob, our pc cleric with a charisma of 14 has 5 turn attempts. if he turns a zombie he will have four of five attempts ready, ok.

The problem comes when he casts upon himself trollish vigor (which carries a minor charisma penalty) or is affected by any spells/equipment that debuff that stat, a reduction of one point in that stat will cause to lose a turn attempt! and in order to restore it you will need to have your full charisma charisma score along an entire FK day.

I think this might be the cause, it is worth a try.
Althasizor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Althasizor » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:57 am

Theoretically, one could go forever without regening more than 5/6 by simply not staying online long enough while benefiting from a statistic bonus. So if I had a 14/14 CHA stat, I'd have 5 maximum turn undeads. And if I had a 16/14 CHA stat, I'd have 6 maximum turn undeads. But if I recover 6/6 of those, and then log out and back in, I'll be at 5/6. It's not an exclusively paladin problem, and if one was not in the habit of spending a full game day online in one sitting...

It's painful to test, but the problem itself doesn't seem to be terribly inconvenient.
What are you talking about? What, that guy?
That was like that when I got here.