Non-working Feats/Skills/trades

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
volric
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Non-working Feats/Skills/trades

Post by volric » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:09 pm

Hi,

It was mentioned that there currently are some of the above that are non-working, or that no trainers exist.

Can I get a list somewhere of those that are non-working? I looked through the boards, and found herbalism, and riposte (perhaps). I stopped looking when I saw that 4th and 5th attack was mentioned but wasn't on the skill list.

Even the ones that don't work 'as advertised' perhaps?

Thanks.
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Non-working Feats/Skills/trades

Post by Selveem » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:23 pm

Hitall does not work. It is said that riposte does not work. I've not seen it work for any of my characters. Globe of Invulnerability spell does not work.

Herbalism has no trainer as it is not in the game. As far as any 'list' I don't believe there's one out there. However, try checking the helpfiles first. I'm pretty sure Globe of Invulnerability mentions it doesn't work; I can't speak for the rest.
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:24 am

I thought "hitall" was removed as a concept about 4 years ago. Might be wrong, but that's my understanding.
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:41 am

Concept? Sure. But the skill still exists in FK. In fact, I think it can still be trained. I saw it on a trainer.
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nysan » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:29 pm

Hitall can be trained, rather expensive too, but the command itself is disabled.

Far as I know, all feats that do not work do not have trainers. A few are buggy, but that is being addressed.

Same with trades, trainers are restricted by nature so the few that do not work or have not been coded, such as herbism, wandmaking, and staffmaking, do not have trainers.

All languages and weapons work and can be trained.

Skills: Hitall was already mentioned. Riposte, is still trainable, but is under review due to questions about how, if at all, it is currently working. Most other skills are working fine, though you will only see skills related to your class on your skill sheet (the reason you don't see fourth/fifth attack). Bugs happen, now and then, so if there are any skills that are acting oddly, don't hesitate to make a bug report. Better safe than sorry.

The only real question point, skill related, are knowledge skills. Since the original idea they were designed for went poof, I am not really sure what most of them do. I only see benefits of knowledge: geography lately, through randomly generated items in the wild (sand, earthstones, ect).
-Gilain- -Trilev- -Siros-

You do not need to change the world, merely leave it a little better than how you found it.
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:55 pm

I might be wrong, but there may quests that have Knowledge X requirements.
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nysan » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:58 pm

Lathander wrote:I might be wrong, but there may quests that have Knowledge X requirements.
Possible. Wouldn't be the first time I missed hidden requirements.
-Gilain- -Trilev- -Siros-

You do not need to change the world, merely leave it a little better than how you found it.
volric
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by volric » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:35 am

Thanks for all the responses.

I thought my class would have 5th attack on the skill list, but perhaps I have to join a guild for that.

Thanks for the heads up.
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:05 pm

I would urge anyone, even if not new to the game, to look at the helpfile for something they are considering training, before doing so. I believe the helpfiles generally hip you to disabled feats and the like, e.g. hitall. If you find a case where that is not true, please report it (or ask about it) in the Bug Reporting Forum. The Fifth Attack helpfile lays out who has access to that skill.