Request : Tunnel description

For builders to discuss and ask building questions.
Brar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Request : Tunnel description

Post by Brar » Tue May 17, 2011 7:12 pm

Hey there,

While we are doing a revamp of Mithral Halls (as stated elsewhere in the forum), we are in dire need of tunnel descriptions.

All kind of tunnels, from "tamed"constructed ones to "wild" natural ones.

The more we get, the better it would be, you can send them via PM to me or Eltsac which one you do prefer (why do I have the felling I won't get many pms...)

Even if you can only think of one, that's a good opportunity to make something creative (*coughs*and release me from a solid burden*coughs*) and it will make a good excuse to make a dwarf once it's in the game, to go and see your tunnel part :)

We have more than a hundred of rooms that could use a refreshment, so feel at ease to send as many or as not many as you want :)

Thank you for hearing my (desesperate) plea and give it the necessary time to answer, don't care, be annoyed, whatever.

Brar :mrgreen:
Your friendly house-elf,
Brar
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Request : Tunnel description

Post by Selveem » Tue May 17, 2011 10:28 pm

Dear Brar,

I'm not going to be around much and I'm sure I could whip up an alright description, but I'd prefer to wait until I can actually focus on it. Old man Drammor has been busy with his work, too.

I have a few questions, though:

When do you need these by?
How many do you need (and if you could break it down by variety, that'd be best)?
Would you like extra descriptions, as well?
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights
Brar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Brar » Tue May 17, 2011 10:41 pm

Good questions :)
When do you need these by?
When they come in we add them, simple as that...
How many do you need (and if you could break it down by variety, that'd be best)?
One hundred would make a nice reserve, so there's no real limit, the more we have, the more we add. They can be of all kind, from man made mines to completly natural tunnels, we need everything right now.
Would you like extra descriptions, as well?
They sure add flavor, but I would leave the extra desc for the quests and such.
Your friendly house-elf,
Brar
Ramirus
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Ramirus » Thu May 19, 2011 6:18 am

About how many words per description is advisable?
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Thu May 19, 2011 9:54 am

The general rule is no more than 70 characters (with spaces) wide and no longer than 15 lines. Those are not set in stone, however; they accommodate the most users with different clients (FANG, zMUD, cMUD, etc.).
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons