Linux Mud Client

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Moloch
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Linux Mud Client

Post by Moloch » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:34 am

Anyone know of any acceptable mud clients for linux that will handle vt100? I would be much obliged.
"My pain is constant and sharp, and I do not hope for a better world. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to survive."
Mask
Staff
Staff

Re: Linux Mud Client

Post by Mask » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:39 am

I use tintin++.
Moloch
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Moloch » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:32 pm

Thanks Marty! I'll check it out!
"My pain is constant and sharp, and I do not hope for a better world. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to survive."
Jharthyne
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Jharthyne » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:54 pm

I use tintin++ too! There is a port for it for Windows as well (Wintin++) so if you are using dual-boot systems, this is a good choice. Otherwise, Gnome MUD Client (gnome-mud) works too.
Zorinar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Zorinar » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:20 am

I use TinyFugue. It is not vt100 compatible so you wont get the nifty graphics that the mud sends out with FANG. BUT, its highly HIGHLY flexible, you have to take the time to learn how, (But we are linux users, that is what we do) and its fast.

Unfortunately, the best linux clients are command line based so no pretty automappers like Zmud gives you. I wish I knew more programming so I could make one myself, but Ill just have to wait till some bored college kid comes along and needs a class project...
Seek ye victory? Ye shall eventually find defeat.
Seek ye defeat? Ye shall most certainly find it.
Seek ye nothing? Then all ye can find is victory.
Jharthyne
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Jharthyne » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:03 pm

By the way, automappers only really work if the rooms are arranged in grids... which may not be the case. I know for a fact that some of the areas that I built will give automappers problems...
Moloch
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Moloch » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:42 pm

Just for future reference, if you just download wine (for free, mind you), and then download zmud 4.32 (which is available on this site), it seems to work flawlessly!