Thoughts

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Khelebhzed
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Thoughts

Post by Khelebhzed » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:02 am

Might we be able to add the code words axe to all greataxes and staff to all quarterstaves in game, and the like? It seems an absent yet intuitive key word. I was also thinking, could poison powder be added as an ingredient to the existing baking system? Thus producing the end result, but triggering a flag for poison if that works?
“Charity degrades those who receive it and hardens those who dispense it.” - George Sand
“He who is only just is cruel. Who on earth could live were all judged justly?” - Lord Byron
Bellayana
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Thoughts

Post by Bellayana » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:14 am

LAUDS to the Poison Powder suggestion.
The belief in a supernatural evil is not necessary;
Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.
-Joseph Conrad, Under Western Eyes

-Tofuergus Greenroot, Gnomish Ranger
Athon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Athon » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:15 am

Khelebhzed wrote:Might we be able to add the code words axe to all greataxes and staff to all quarterstaves in game, and the like? It seems an absent yet intuitive key word. I was also thinking, could poison powder be added as an ingredient to the existing baking system? Thus producing the end result, but triggering a flag for poison if that works?
Adding the keyword "axe" or "staff" will require modifying every single greataxe and quarterstaff in the game. That's a lot of work for a slight change.
~Vanguardier Athon, High Priest of Torm~
~Moranall, Fighter of Waterdeep~
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:09 am

There are 98 axes and greataxes in the game right now and they all include the keyword 'axe'. The problem, I believe, is with the random loot items and a fix there would be easy, but not retroactive. I'll look into it.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons