Tournament for ALL!

A place to announce forthcoming events and roleplays, organised by imms or players.
Dapher
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Tournament for ALL!

Post by Dapher » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:26 pm

It is time another tournament is scheduled, and Jarris Taril, War Priest of Tempus has decided to make plans for the tournament. It will be for all alignments, and all churches, all races and guilds! There will be a separate set of rules for casters and a separate for warriors. Rangers, thieves, fighters and paladins will be grouped together. Then Priests, Wizards, and bards will be placed in the same group. There will be a ten platinum entrance fee for all participants. All items are acceptable for participants to wear.

Warrior (melee) group rules are as follows:
The fight will begin with three rounds of spar, and then they will move on to stun. No scrolls, and no potions. No enchantments on the person! This means items that give you mage armour, or barkskin are prohibited, you will be dispelled before the fight begins. You will only be able to use three special skills/prayers per fight i.e. you can disarm three times, but then you will not be able to punch or kick, you will be able to kick once, and disarm twice. For rangers and paladins, you get three prayers, or three skills, or one and two. It is limited to three. This will help even the playing field. You get the idea. As stated earlier, magical items that increase skills or stats such as a ring that increases dex is acceptable.

Caster group rules are as follows:
NO AREA AFFECTING SPELLS! You will be on spar for the first three rounds and after that you will go to stun. There will be no spelling up before the fight. You will begin the fight with someone casting dispel magic on you. Again, you cannot use magical items that give you mage armour, or barkskin, or healing. You are only permitted to use your spells or prayers, or songs that you have trained. Remember, this is a fight to the stun, so no one hit kill spells or prayers, phantasmal killer, power word kill, wierd, things of that nature are not allowed.

The event will begin at the entrance to the Spider pits. There is a small village on the road north east of Berdusk that is built around a few pits filled with spiders. We will meet there and then move into the plains to the east of the pits. We will be in the plains so we do not harm forests, and so the casters do not ruin homes, or buildings with their prayers or spells. The time that is proposed is:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... T17&p1=420
Dapher Dullthumb- Garl's Chosen Illusionist
Telnier Talmar- Master Ranger of Mielikki
Jarris Taril- Warpriest of Tempus
Falgorn Felldew
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Re: Tournamen for ALL!

Post by Aldren » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:05 pm

I will make this tournament at the proposed time with a fighter of mine.
"He served, but found no pride in service. He fought, but took no joy in victory. He drank, to drown his pain in a sea of wine... ...It was hate that drove him. Though he committed many sins, he never sought forgiveness."
Dapher
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dapher » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:20 am

Something I think needs to be put out here, and it will be put out IC as well, but this is kind of a disclaimer. Since there are goodies and evils mixed in this tournament, there is 0 room for error. One unwanted spell or prayer, one murder, one step out of line and you will answer to Jarris. In answering to him, you will be dealt with accordingly. You have the option of not coming, and you have the option of not stepping out of line. That being said, I hope this is a fun event for everyone that can show up. And at the end of the tournament, the victors will have the opportunity to challenge the host of the tournament to a duel in accordance with the tournament rules! There will also be prizes for the winners of each category.
Falgorn Felldew
Dapher
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dapher » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:23 pm

Melee: Lylena, Harroghty, Cirei, Nerian, Waltiln, Briek.
Casters: Galdim, Zorinar, Adam.
Judges: Roderick, Kaden

This post will be updated as the list changes. If you have paid and you are not on here please PM me, or contact me ICly, I will get it fixed. If it comes down to it and we do not have enough for the casters group, there will be an opportunity for the winner to fight Jarris.
Last edited by Dapher on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Falgorn Felldew
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Post by Aldren » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:23 pm

An unnamed source supporting the cavalier Nerian Xavril hereto offers the sum of 250 platinum to any contestant who can best the fighter from the Red Lands. No matter the round or contestant who can best Xavril, the sum will be paid out in full pending verification of fair terms set forth by the Tempurans.

Unsigned.
"He served, but found no pride in service. He fought, but took no joy in victory. He drank, to drown his pain in a sea of wine... ...It was hate that drove him. Though he committed many sins, he never sought forgiveness."
Brar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Brar » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:58 pm

This is tommorow night right? (Well, night for me...).
In something like 29 hours.
Your friendly house-elf,
Brar
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Post by Aldren » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:15 pm

Yes it surely is.
Dapher
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dapher » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:53 pm

Yes, this tournament is still happening tomorrow. I have duty tonight, so at the moment, nothing looks like it will get in the way of the tournament. If I cannot be there for any reason. I have two judges, Roderick, and Kaden. They can make sure the tournament continues on. They will tell Jarris who the winners are and I will pass out the prizes. I intend to be there, and again it looks like I will. But there is a fail safe this time.
Falgorn Felldew
Lylena
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lylena » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:13 pm

Due to me being called in for work tomorrow, with the tournament seated RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of the time I was asked to work, Lylena unfortunately will not be attending. I'll catch the next one, for sure (solongasi'mnocalledintoworkagainliketoday)!
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you."
Such is the rule of honor.
Dovan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dovan » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:00 am

Looks like no squire tomorrow. Wanted to be there, but family first.
"One life; Win or lose it's all a bet,
One chance; Don't show fear and do not forget" -Simon's Symphony

-Dovan, Burning Blade of Luck
Roderick
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Roderick » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:41 am

Rod is still planning on attending as of right now. I will know more tomorrow afternoon but there may be a scheduling issue caused by the annual quest for a Christmas tree. I will do my best to make sure he is there but if Rod doesn't make an appearance you can assume his handler is somewhere out in a field trying to pick that perfect Fraser Fir.

Todd
Dapher
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dapher » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:41 pm

RL comes before the game in my book. If you cannot make it then you cannot make it. There will be more of these in the future. I am just trying to find a regularly open schedule. I will be there today as far as i can tell.
Falgorn Felldew
Brar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Brar » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:53 pm

galdim is up and ready! He's sleeping at the inn near the pits after a drinking night.
Your friendly house-elf,
Brar
Dapher
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dapher » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:04 pm

One hour!!!!!!
Falgorn Felldew
Dapher
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dapher » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:34 pm

Just under 30 minutes!
Falgorn Felldew
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Post by Aldren » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:08 am

Many thanks to a wonky server for an interestingly disconnecty evening.

More thanks to Jarris for putting this on.
And here's to hopes that it'll get rescheduled (or continued) very soon.

Cheers.
Dapher
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dapher » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:54 am

I want to say thank you to everyone that showed up! We have a very good turnout! I was extremely pleased with the player participation. For everyone that paid, you will not have to pay for the next tournament. I will be rescheduling the same tournament, same location, same rules, same categories. I know the holidays are coming up on us really soon, so I will be trying to work around those. But it will be on a Saturday again, and about the same time. This seemed to work really well for most people.

Casters: Galdim, Adam, Zorinar.
Melee: Nerian, Waltiln, Harroghty, Briek, Vuugur, Lylena, Cirei, Torand.

Those are the combatants that have paid that I remember XD if there are others please let me know. I know some of you fought and were eliminated, but the whole thing will be rescheduled and we will try it again. I still have the coin and the prizes for both groups. Tomorrow afternoon I will propose two dates and times, and we will go from there! Thanks again for the participation, it was a really good turn out.
Falgorn Felldew
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:08 am

Thanks, Jarris. Even Murphy wanted to show up. Look forward to trying this again.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Tolomon
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Tolomon » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:23 am

Tigo wanted to make the event, but like a few others I ended up spending some time with my family. I have a feeling he'll aim to make it for the next one, though.

Thanks for putting this together!
Tigo, Hopeful of Gond
Tolomon, Questee of Corellon Larethian
Leego, wizard-in-training
Dapher
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dapher » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:55 pm

This time is a long way out, so it is still fluid, and subject to change. I will have to give another update on the 1st of January based on my duty schedule. Please do not feel you have to say anything now, but let me know as soon as possible so we can work out a good time. I chose to have it several weeks out so we could bypass the holiday madness and give people time with their families, and hopefully get a larger turn out!

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... T17&p1=420
Falgorn Felldew