Tournament for ALL!

A place to announce forthcoming events and roleplays, organised by imms or players.
Brodnur
Sword Master
Sword Master

Re: Tournamen for ALL!

Post by Brodnur » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:38 am

That time is good for me so far, work's been putting in last minute saturdays lately, so here's crossing my fingers :lol: I'd love to bring in Brodnur and maybe a fighter I've got coming up through the ranks, maybe even a wizard, if there's time for all of'em :mrgreen:
Algon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Algon » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:49 am

It works for me! Kaden will definitely be there!
Counting bodies like sheep...to the rhythm of the war drums. ~~~ Maynard
Belose
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Belose » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:57 pm

I'd like Braeck to be there, soooo...here's hoping I won't forget to check in and remind myself...
What the Mind of a man can conceive, the Will of a man can achieve.
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Post by Aldren » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:41 pm

Tentatively, I'm there.
"He served, but found no pride in service. He fought, but took no joy in victory. He drank, to drown his pain in a sea of wine... ...It was hate that drove him. Though he committed many sins, he never sought forgiveness."
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Post by Aldren » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:18 pm

Is this still scheduled to go off next Saturday?

Sidenote: Is it acceptable to bring multiple characters? In the spirit of RP, I find it hard to say yes, personally.
"He served, but found no pride in service. He fought, but took no joy in victory. He drank, to drown his pain in a sea of wine... ...It was hate that drove him. Though he committed many sins, he never sought forgiveness."
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:06 pm

Please try not to - if anything just for the sake of not alt revealing yourself. People do NOT always want to know.
Beshaba potatoes.
Dapher
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dapher » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:20 am

As of now, yes, it is still scheduled for next Saturday. I JUST got into town after being stranded in air ports for two straight days. If anything changes I will let you everyone know asap
Dapher Dullthumb- Garl's Chosen Illusionist
Telnier Talmar- Master Ranger of Mielikki
Jarris Taril- Warpriest of Tempus
Falgorn Felldew
Lylena
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lylena » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:15 pm

Next Saturday's looking open and very much work free, so Lylena should be in attendance.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you."
Such is the rule of honor.
Hrosskell
Staff
Staff

Post by Hrosskell » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:45 am

If I can manage to wake up by 5:00PM my time, I'll be there. :oops:
Jamais arriere.
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Post by Aldren » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:44 pm

Attached to the missives explaining the tournament is the following, printed in common Chessentan and written in standardized block print:

To spur growth and encourage any capable warriors to put their best foot forward to prove themselves, the cavalier Nerian Xavril is hereby sponsored with the sum of 500 platinum put up front. Any contestant who can best Nerian in a fair fight shown by the Tempurian church will receive the sum within days of the tournament. The Realms will come to know the name Xavril as towering over the best and representing the Eastern Lands with his skill and ferocity.

X.
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:09 pm

Is this event confirmed now? I still have it marked tentative on the calendar.
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:45 am

Just a heads up, but don't expect me around. I've started taking the metro into work and that adds some additional time to my commute. What little time I have at home is mostly spent with my buddies on the weekend. Sorry..
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights
Dapher
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dapher » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:41 am

Not a problem Selveem, you will be missed, but as I have always said and still believe. RL comes first.

Raona, yes this event is happening at the scheduled time. Jarris will be there. i have not spoken to Kaden's player, so I am not sure if he still plans on being there, I will get a hold of him. Sorry for my lack of FK time lately. Half of my command in on leave (vacation) for the holidays, so it is hectic, and not much time to log. but the weekend is free for me at the moment. If you need to talk to Jarris or pay him for your admission fee, you can do it at the tournament, but I will be trying to log on tomorrow evening for a bit.
Falgorn Felldew
Algon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Algon » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:08 pm

Kaden will be there!
Counting bodies like sheep...to the rhythm of the war drums. ~~~ Maynard
Dapher
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dapher » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:28 pm

I hope everyone is ready for some epic battles! Tonight will be a night to remember on FK. Some of the greatest fighters will be there from around the realms to fight it out! Lets show up as spectators and contestants alike!
Falgorn Felldew
Dapher
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dapher » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:57 pm

Just a heads up, one hour till this event starts. We will be just outside of Silkhole waiting. if you need assistance getting there contact Jarris ICly, and he will get you there.
Falgorn Felldew
Dapher
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dapher » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:23 am

First off thank you everyone that showed up! This was a great turn out. I saw some of the best fights I have ever seen on FK. Very close fights.

Sir Briek Blackthorn came in third place
Sir Harroghty Rallyhorn came in second place
Nerian the Guilded Officer came in first place

It was a lot of fun for me to watch, OOC, and a lot of fun to watch the skill ICly as Jarris. I would like to apologize for not having a casters portion of the tournament. The ones that had previously shown interest did not make it tonight, so sorry Ryldaen, I will try to be more clear next time.
Falgorn Felldew
Dapher
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dapher » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:05 am

Once again Jarris Taril, Warpriest of Tempus, comes to announce a tournament being sponsored by the church of Tempus, and the Steel Fang. Come one and all from far and wide! We seek the greatest warriors, the greatest priests, and the greatest wizards from lands all around. Rules for this tournament remain the same as prior tournaments. The darkness of your heart does not matter, the faith which you follow does not matter, unless you claim to follow the fallen gods. Fight with honor, respect the rules, and maintain order among the stands and you are welcome. The same applies as before, anyone who cannot abide by the rules will be handled.

Warrior (melee) group rules are as follows:
The fight will begin with three rounds of spar, and then they will move on to stun. No scrolls, and no potions. No enchantments on the person! This means items that give you mage armour, or barkskin are prohibited, you will be dispelled before the fight begins. You will only be able to use three special skills/prayers per fight i.e. you can disarm three times, but then you will not be able to punch or kick, you will be able to kick once, and disarm twice. For rangers and paladins, you get three prayers, or three skills, or one and two. It is limited to three. This will help even the playing field. You get the idea. As stated earlier, magical items that increase skills or stats such as a ring that increases dex is acceptable.

Caster group rules are as follows:
NO AREA AFFECTING SPELLS! You will be on spar for the first three rounds and after that you will go to stun. There will be no spelling up before the fight. You will begin the fight with someone casting dispel magic on you. Again, you cannot use magical items that give you mage armour, or barkskin, or healing. You are only permitted to use your spells or prayers, or songs that you have trained. Remember, this is a fight to the stun, so no one hit kill spells or prayers, phantasmal killer, power word kill, wierd, things of that nature are not allowed.

The event will begin at the entrance to the Spider pits. There is a small village on the road north east of Berdusk that is built around a few pits filled with spiders. We will meet there and then move into the plains to the east of the pits. We will be in the plains so we do not harm forests, and so the casters do not ruin homes, or buildings with their prayers or spells.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... T16&p1=420
If this time does not work for you please let me know. The Saturday after this I am booked for 24 hours, but I am willing to work with people to get the best turn out
Falgorn Felldew
Lylena
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lylena » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:07 pm

I work Saturdays and therefore will be unable to make it. Have lots-a-fun though! These events are awesome, thank you. :)
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you."
Such is the rule of honor.
Nylo
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nylo » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:54 pm

I won't be able to make this time - I don't have more than an hour or two free. The only time I could reliably make would be five to six hours later.
Nylo, Fighter of Tempus
Anver, Transmuter of Garl
Malic, Cleric of Tyr
Luthir, Druid of Mielikki