Skyrim?

Lylena
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Skyrim?

Post by Lylena » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:04 pm

Nysan wrote:So an npc annoys me, but I want to stay friendly with the town guards, what to do... what to do. Oh yeah, cast fury on the npc, watch him take a swing at a guard, loot npc's house after he's dead. Repeat process on npc's wife after she sends assassins to kill me for npc's dead.

Annoying npcs killed: 2.
Guards irritated: 0.
Crimes committed: 0.
No more npcs talking down to me: Priceless. :mrgreen:

I like your views and would also like to subscribe to your newsletter!
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you."
Such is the rule of honor.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:25 pm

You need to invoke the power of "Hour of no saving before bed" and destroy villages then just shut down. Makes you feel awesome.

Also, anyone on the pc version - mods have began to come out. My husbands pc often yells "THIS IS SPARTA" when doing the push thingie.
Beshaba potatoes.
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nysan » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:44 pm

Mele wrote:You need to invoke the power of "Hour of no saving before bed" and destroy villages then just shut down. Makes you feel awesome.
I do that on one of my characters, now and then. Go werewolf and tear through Markarth or Whiterun to relax after a few hours of side quests and alchemy/smithing mat gathering.
-Gilain- -Trilev- -Siros-

You do not need to change the world, merely leave it a little better than how you found it.
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:17 am

Mele wrote: Also, anyone on the pc version - mods have began to come out. My husbands pc often yells "THIS IS SPARTA" when doing the push thingie.
Its just as much fun when you do it in real life *waits to be let out of prison*.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)
Tyeslan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tyeslan » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:32 am

Lol At least everyone is having fun. I am finally at a point in Skyrim where I am not turning around and having quests thrown at me. I thought for awhile there I was never going to get remotely caught up... I still have two large cities to see though, I'm utterly screwed after that.
Lirith
Staff
Staff

Post by Lirith » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:48 am

I have no intention of getting caught up. One of the things I love about is that you don't HAVE to catch up, you can just do whatever the hell you like.
Isolrem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Isolrem » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:49 pm

What I like to do is dress in unenchanted finery, wandering about ancient Nordic tombs as though they were promenades. When the draugr deathlords come, I sic my three followers on them, and they each summon followers of their own, and my little army demolishes the threat while I casually collect the treasure.
Chars: Aryvael et all.
Lysha
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lysha » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:13 pm

I have now drawn boyfriend into the fold. He's been watching me play (sometimes even asking me to play so he can watch) and yesterday, he started up his own game. He's talking about buying himself a copy, which would be "weird" as he puts it, since he doesn't play RPGs at all.
Your punch viciously hammers a shark's abdomen.
A shark is stunned, but will probably recover.

http://www.elfonlyinn.net/d/20070925.html
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:21 am

I suppose if you like Skyrim and maybe Twilight (or dislike Twilight) you would like this comic.

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20111123
(Language is a bit salty, probably not safe for work.)

If you like pie or cake:
http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20111205
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)
Tyeslan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tyeslan » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:32 am

Bahahahaha my husband and I were just talking about the vampire thing, and he said: I wonder if they sparkle, and I said: It's not Twilight, but I am sure if you were playing it on PC you could add a mod to say Oh look at me, I sparkle!

He looked at me, and said I'm going to go be a werewolf instead.

Thanks for the comic, Gwain. CAD has been a favorite for a long time.
Brar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Brar » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:12 pm

I succumb.... and now I hate you all even more...
Your friendly house-elf,
Brar
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:54 am

I have been assimilated into the collective thanks to a most generous person who took pity on my plight!
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights
Ramirus
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Ramirus » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:01 pm

I just started playing this week, I can't decide whether I want to be sneaky sneaky and turn this into the next Thief game or be a psychopath magic man.
Shava
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Shava » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:40 am

So really good gamer friend of mine got it. I didn't even watch her and I knew I was going to love this game. I got it a week later, started playing it on my housemate's PS3 and crappy television. Took male housemate about another week to start playing it, another week later after that his wife started playing it. Three weeks had gone by and they finally decided to buy the new hidef television they had been wanting, just so we could read the texts on the game :)

Now the husband's father and two nephews are playing it at their places, it's two months after the game has come out and none of us have finished the game.

I blame my friend for starting all this.

I love this freaking game.
Lathlain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lathlain » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:06 am

Skyrim gobbled 135 hours of my life last year, and I'd gladly give them all again.

FUS RO DAH!
"This is General Lath'lain Dy'nesir, of the Ebon Spur. Walking Murder surrounded by a thin veneer of civility."
-Miriel
Lirith
Staff
Staff

Post by Lirith » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:47 am

I'm seriously thinking about calling a new kitten Dovahkin. Except I'm not sure I want to be yelling that out of the window of an evening!
Shava
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Shava » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:24 pm

Of course you do, because otherwise how will you tell if others in your neighborhood have been playing as well?
Lathlain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lathlain » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:08 pm

I thought I'd take the old-fashioned route of broadcasting my fandom - by which I obviously mean drawing a giant bloody hand-print on my front door, with the words "WE KNOW!" scrawled beneath it. Naming your cat works too, of course.
"This is General Lath'lain Dy'nesir, of the Ebon Spur. Walking Murder surrounded by a thin veneer of civility."
-Miriel
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:41 am

Selveem wrote:
Lathander wrote:So, what can FK take from the appeal of Skyrim to improve our own game?
Crafting, enchantment, and alchemy. *nodnod*
^ For serious.

Smithing, Enchantment, and Alchemy are actually fun in Skyrim. It should be equally enjoyable on FK (if not more, actually).

Once you get to a certain skill level of smithing, it's more cost effective to just purchase the ingots and craft yourself. Alchemy is exceptionally profitable because even if your potions sell for 65 gold, you can sell tons of them to shopkeepers or trade them for more ingredients.

Without having to worry about quality of ingots and the ability to concentrate on your skill in the field, you can make some pretty cool stuff for yourself and your friends (all those minions I've acquired).

It'd be really beneficial to FK to make crafting more enjoyable, give shopkeepers more money, and allow them to purchase potions, scrolls, magic staves, and wands.
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights
Shava
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Shava » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:59 am

Two days ago (as I'm behind on catching up on my regular shows), the CBS show NCIS (Naval Criminal Investigative Services) did a shout-out to all Skyrim fans in the first 10 minutes (without commercials) of the show.

Annoyed Boss: "Watcher Fleet? No. But he (victim) was always going on about Skyrim and Old Republic. You're talking about dorky roleplaying games right? You must be into those, huh?"
Agent McGee: "Until I took an arrow to the knee."

The episode is called Re-Kindled and can be watched for free on www.cbs.com Enjoy, for we are loved and appreciated :)