Character Ideas we'll never get around to

Ailyn
Sword Master
Sword Master

Re: Character Ideas we'll never get around to

Post by Ailyn » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:09 pm

Another to add to the list of character ideas I will probably never get to. A kara-turan aasimar priest who chooses to follow Lathander, due to her clan revolving around fire and healing in her home land. This idea though, not even sure how to do it, as she would use a katana(two handed of course, no exotic weapon prof) and wear no armour, being more of the Shugenja out of Oriental Adventures. With the way the game is setup, she would not be able to use many of the spells I was looking at overly frequent due to being domains, and lack of armour, a shield, or a fighters dodge/parry means getting hit very frequently, leading to a character that would have trouble standing up to much herself.

Anyways, since this subject was dormant, I thought I would revive it, see what other sorts of ideas many might of come up with.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:00 pm

She could still be decent i think. A high dex / str / wisdom build, with the priest's spell list and a couple of magical items to sure up her AC.

I'm not sure what restrictions on spells a Shujen has though. Could she not use shield of faith plus shield / armor potions and then either a high dex to dodge, or a high con plus heal spell to ake it through?

My cleric also gets hit by even goblins but she's usually still pretty strong
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!
Ailyn
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Ailyn » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:14 pm

Sure, I could make her rely heavily on potions for A.c., extend shield of faith, things like that. It would be easier being paired with a fighter type who could rescue her, but yeah, unarmoured fighting without dodge/parry just sounds like a bad idea. :P Maybe if I can work out some kinks, I may actually use it.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:42 pm

A LE human fighter who takes his enmity toward elves to the level of hunting and killing them. There are plenty (not enough) humans who hate orcs or whatever else, good vs. evil. It would be novel to flip the script and have an evil human vs. a typically "good" race. (Though, let's be honest, the only good elf is a dead elf.)
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:44 pm

Gasp Harroghty, Gasp.
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!
Alinor
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Alinor » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:21 pm

Bring it! (Just build that LE fighter to be really sub-optimal, please) :wink:
Ailyn
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Ailyn » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:35 pm

It's Harroghty, there is no sub-optimal. It will be a villain of villains.

Though, that idea is quite an interesting twist. Maybe start up of his own evil organization that kills elves and those who share that blood, for no reason other than showing humans are superior. *cough cough*
Diritas
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Diritas » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:15 pm

*cough*
His intended genocide has uh.. come to a halt. Times, they are a-changing. Aramil could tell you about how he used to rant about those evil fairlings dragging men off into the woods to murder them.
The truth is… you're the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men. But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.
Larethiel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Larethiel » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:31 am

A LE human fighter who takes his enmity toward elves to the level of hunting and killing them.

Pffffrrrrrrrt.

a moon elf or sun elf rogue/mage being one of the Knaves of the Missing Page
an ancient sun elven priest of Labelas Enoreth
a moon elven priest mystic of Sehanine Moonbow focusing on mystic and obscure things
a moon elven Silent Rain mercenary fighter focusing on archery
a sun elven high mage, bc awesome
Weit in der Champagne im Mittsommergrün,
dort, wo zwischen Grabkreuzen Mohnblumen blühn,
da flüstern die Gräser und wiegen sich leicht
im Wind, der sanft über das Gräberfeld streicht.
Jarngron
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Jarngron » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:00 pm

Kheti Satha-Shemsu
- A figure taken from the "Papyrus of the Undying," inspired by Chapter 17 - the "Hymn of Servitude to the Serpent Seta."
More fire elemental than man, Kheti worships primordial fire, and employs it as a witch or sorcerer.
Goals: Silent Spell, Still Spell, Twin Spell, Empower Spell
Dislikes: Inaction, Co-Dependence, Temples

No more an ember or match-head than an Efreet, the shape of a human wreathed in fire the color of burning blood hovers slightly to avoid burning the ground with its hoofs. About its head, a brighter ball of orange resembling hair wavers between a blazing crescent, its fingers licking outward like the nocks of antlers. Its body is a conflagration of white and blue with edges piqued like the colors of a tequila sunrise.

Since this character could set things on fire by touching them, it's probably for the best I don't play them - yet.

Here is a translation of the chapter that inspires this character -

"Withdraw Thy Phallus Baboui, open the Gates of the Dust
For I am Burning in Aataakhu, chains bind me, flames encircle me
And burn my flesh open
For Me the Gates Shall Open, over the Fire of the Spirit
The Breath Drawn by the Gods, arise Apophis Return
That I Might Return, borne by the Flame
Drawn by the Gods Who Clear the Way, that I Might Pass
The Gods Which Sprang from the Drops of Blood, which Dripped From
The Phallus of Set, that I might be Reborn
For I am Khetti Satha Shemsu, Seneh Nekai
And Will Become Set of a Million Years, Akhu Amenti Hekau
I shed My Burnt Skin and am Renewed"
Cattle die
kinsmen die
all men are mortal.
Words of praise
will never perish
nor a noble name.

- Hávamál
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:38 am

I've always wanted to make a good aligned Beshaban who follows because they are petrified of things going wrong/bad. It's super common that followers of Besh follow in fear, but it's translated to fkinese to be people who thrive on making bad luck for others. :)
Beshaba potatoes.
Benorf
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Benorf » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:13 am

Non-sequitur, but I just wanted to say how tremendously awesome it is to see you again, Mele!
Benorf the Stout, Axe of Torm
Formyndare Mastare, Horn Guard of Yondalla
Thaien Ellbrecht, Planar Interviewer
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:52 am

Conjoined twins but I don’t know how or why
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)
Jarngron
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Jarngron » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:32 am

I would like to get one out of each of you to make a bandit gang. We'll run around and threaten people with obscure non-masterwork weapons for handfuls of gold, and plan to steal Harroghty's horse.
Cattle die
kinsmen die
all men are mortal.
Words of praise
will never perish
nor a noble name.

- Hávamál
Zethanon
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Zethanon » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:15 am

Jarngron wrote:... and plan to steal Harroghty's horse.
Go big or go home. We want the moustache.
You'll shed your blood, your bodies fall. That is the price you'll pay to cleanse you of your sins. Vicious and cruel, let's kill them all.
Let's kill them all.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:27 am

You're a sweet thing, Benorf. ;) <3

GWAIN, PLEASE. Do it.
Beshaba potatoes.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:49 am

Jarngron wrote:I would like to get one out of each of you to make a bandit gang. We'll run around and threaten people with obscure non-masterwork weapons for handfuls of gold, and plan to steal Harroghty's horse.
It's been done once. Didn't end well.

"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Tagrid
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Tagrid » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:34 pm

I remember back in the day, a game called Toons. The PCs where all toons and the abilities and equipment were modeled after Disney and WB. Never played it myself. As for character concepts I'll never roll.. here any way, my favorite is actually from Pathfinder. His name is Rogor the Inebriated. He's a human cleric of Caedwyn. His deal is he's a drunk. Constantly drunk. The trick is, if he ever sobers up, he'll revert back to a normal human... it's the drinking that allows him to function.
Sadly, I have RL experience with high functioning alcoholics. Now as far as gameplay, I nearly drove the GM nuts with him, because he was totally outside the box when it came to encounters. Rogor was a pacifist to some extent, so when the hill giant came rolling out from behind a large pile of rocks, instead of attacking, Rogor offered him a drink.. Rogor's diplomacy skill was very high.. basically when not adventuring, he was a bartender. Totally wrecked the DM's planned adventure path for the niight. But the Mud engine isn't designed for drunk characters so he'll never show up.
Tandria
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tandria » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:21 pm

I have, admittedly, way too many of these. I'm super guilty of making stupid amounts of characters. A few of these were deleted, some I never made.

Fig Foechuckle, halfling bard of Yondalla - I actually made her. I loved her. Why did I delete her? Regrets...

Feamegil Ten'Rhovanion, aspiring paladin of Corellon - I just couldn't get into paladin RP. She was a wood elf, was going to be a knight/ambassador between races.

Some random follower of Eldath - I've always been interested in Eldath, but I can't work out how to make the RP work in FK, so I never got around to it. Probably would be a druid, maybe a ranger.

Necromancer of Velsharoon - She was going to be super crazy and make undead, then make them up to put on shows. She was going to run a piano bar with "puppet" shows. On second thought, this is a pretty awesome idea... I might write something about her sometime, haha. Just... maybe not on FK.

Calishite bard of Malar - She was going to sing war songs and stuff. I was going to base her off a Gerudo character I'd played once when FK was down for a long time and I found a Zelda MUCK to keep me busy in the meantime.

Male bard of Bane - He was basically going to sing death/doom/black metal songs about death and stuff. Super goth.

Lindorra, avariel bard of Aerdrie Faenya - Back when avariel were being worked on as PC races, I was building an area that would be their hometown. As such, I was planning a character to make use of all the stuff I was building.

Fire genasi fighter of Helm - I made her too, forget her name though. She was going to run an adventuring group for protecting young/fledgling adventurers.

Blair, Goblin priestess of Talona - This was another one I made. She was fun to RP, but a challenge to level and fight with early on, so I ended up abandoning the character.

Aasimar bard of Lurue - She was part lillend. This was before the "feathered wings" feat came into the game. In a fit of inspiration, I made a "rainbow-winged female aasimar" and then felt embarrassed (for some reason) about having made her, so I promptly deleted her.

Katiljidna, ranger of Kelemvor - Another one I deleted because I couldn't get into her RP.

Basically I have 8 million ideas for characters, and most of them are bards.
"May your travels be Wonderful and Mysterious."
Ailyn
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Ailyn » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:50 am

Tandria wrote:Aasimar bard of Lurue - She was part lillend. This was before the "feathered wings" feat came into the game. In a fit of inspiration, I made a "rainbow-winged female aasimar" and then felt embarrassed (for some reason) about having made her, so I promptly deleted her.
I had thought of making an aasimar who was descended from a lillend, rainbow wings and even scales on her arms and back. Sadly, like many ideas lately, I have problems with sticking with new characters. But still, you should do it. It shouldn't be embarrassing, it is definitely a nice idea. :)