Bane dead atm- I wish to follow Iachtu Xvim

To share knowledge about the world and links to useful resources.
Gnihar

Bane dead atm- I wish to follow Iachtu Xvim

Post by Gnihar » Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:03 pm

So, we are talking about the period between 1358 DR(when Bane is killed in Godswar) and 1372 DR (the Year of Wild magic, when Bane returns to Faerun bursting forth from the skin of his son, Iachtu Xvim, who held Bane's essence).
During that period of time, many things happened and the cult of Bane is far from being dead. The cult of Xvim emerges as well. 1368 DR (Year of the Banner) is the time when cyricists attempt to root out xvimlar activities, Cyric unleashes his inquisition on Zhentil Keep. The inquisition fails and the cult of Xvim survives. 1369 DR(Year of the Gauntlet), Iyachtu Xvim rises as a demi-power and then a lesser power. Fzoul Chembryl founds Xvim's new church and leads it as High Tyrannar from an underground temple beneath Zhentil Keep.
This is the exact period I am envisioning the FK timeline to be. There are many indications within the MUD itself, pointing to this exact time.
I therefor wish my cleric to worship Iachtu Xvim, or at least follow his cult. I seek no other benefits but the ability to role-play this. I can not wait to see the Black Hand reemerge in the Realms, and hell I wish to be there when he does! My char is a sworn baneite and lives to see his gods return. He will manipulate, plot, ally and do anything to speed up the process and arrange things for Bane's return. As the time will pass, and if that will be the will of Bane,greedy and powerhungry as he is, he will surely aim to be the High Imperceptor of Bane. But until his Lord returns, he wishes follow his son.
I am asking the deities to pretty please, authorize my character's worship of Xvim until the plans for Bane's return become reality.
Granel

Post by Granel » Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:48 pm

applications@forgottenkingdoms.com is what you should look into I think. When applying to follow an unregistered diety. You send them an email specifiying your desire to follow an unregistered diety and supply the needed history of your char and what you know of the diety and how you apply it to your life and the Adim team will decide if you can go that path with your rp. I dont think you should post here because it could be ic in nature and here it would be ooc to give away your whole history and that of the god you wish to serve.

At least I think I'm correct, if I'm not I'm sorry for the trouble.

Thank you.
Gnihar

Post by Gnihar » Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:43 pm

The graphic in your signature brings back memories of all those old FR games
Aye, the 'Gold Box' is how they are calling them nowadays... I have enjoyed every single one of them.

On the other note, thank you both for the advice. The world shall know the New Darkness soon :twisted:
Rhelian

Post by Rhelian » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:58 am

Ah...got to love TSR! First played those on my old Amiga 500 :-p Man, I'm dating myself now
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nysan » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:13 am

You're not alone Rhel. So don't feel too bad. :)

N.R.
-Gilain- -Trilev- -Siros-

You do not need to change the world, merely leave it a little better than how you found it.
Cret
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Cret » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:27 am

Just wanted to follow up a bit on this.. Posted well in to Jan of 2004. Still running on my hopeful banite but an reluctant to start any religious purification Rps.

And now being so late in 2005 was wondering if the Bane Rp is any closer? understood that with all the code changes going on there is much back logged, But still there is still hope blooming in my heart and soul to follow bane.

With Love and much adoration...
Cret
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Cret » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:21 am

Just wanted to repost this with hopes of getting some hints as to a bane revival?
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:54 am

Rest assured that we've not forgotten him.

We could make something that would take a week and be kind of blah... or try and have a longer and more involved roleplay though, but the second option takes time. :)

We also have to examine how Zhentil Keep should be changed once Bane is back. What to do with all the Cyricists and all the quests based on priests of Cyric and so on?

All that takes time... but yes, it will happen, for sure.
Jedan
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Jedan » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:28 pm

Just for clarification. If you have a character who wants to follow Bane, just keep it on the down low until the RP for his return begins? :?:
Cret
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Cret » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:13 am

I am unsure if this is the case, however, as we were told previously.. about 4 years ago - For thoese wishing to play a character of Bane please wait untill the RP for his ressurection is arround. Other then that, do not RP a following of bane.

Of course.. this was 4 years ago.
Kelemvor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kelemvor » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:37 pm

I am unsure if this is the case, however, as we were told previously.. about 4 years ago - For thoese wishing to play a character of Bane please wait untill the RP for his ressurection is arround. Other then that, do not RP a following of bane.

Of course.. this was 4 years ago.
I'm sure that this was not your intent and this is just my own personal opinion, but heavily emphasising the amount of time you have waited for something is just a little bit rude.

The absence of the Deity's player aside, these things happen when we have the time and resources to devote to them - as evidenced by the amount of work put into the recent return of Waukeen.
...never send to know for whom the bell tolls,
it tolls for thee.
Cret
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Cret » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:13 pm

Forgive me if I seemed rude. My intent with the issue of time was that we have had some major changes recently. My information, however true/untrue, was give to me long ago. Perhaps we could get an update on Jedan's question, mine being out-dated?
Jedan wrote: Just for clarification. If you have a character who wants to follow Bane, just keep it on the down low until the RP for his return begins?
Kelemvor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kelemvor » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:53 pm

At this time nothing has changed in the advice given to those who wish to follow Bane on his return. Keep it on the quiet and wait patiently for us to get something organised
...never send to know for whom the bell tolls,
it tolls for thee.
Cret
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Cret » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:48 am

I hate bumping.. But well :D Is there any rumors of this event comming along soon?
Zilvryn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Zilvryn » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:07 pm

I heard a rumour, but it's only a rumour, of a long-term imm run RP starting in the Autumn.

Let's hope it's on Saturdays, eh?

:D
What matters the most is how well you walk through the fire.
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:46 pm

Mmmmmmmaaaayyyyyyybe.

Nuff said :twisted:
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:19 am

What should you do if you have a character that wishes to follow Bane? Send an application saying "Hey! I want to follow Bane!" or just wait until the RP arrives? I might/might not have a character that wants to follow Bane.
Jysrak Armgo of House Barrison Del'Armgo -MENZO-
Jys/rak: Jys = Hard, steel, unyielding, /rak = Chaos, storm, tempest
Solaghar
Staff
Staff

Post by Solaghar » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:25 am

At the moment Bane is a dead God, and hence can not be followed. It seems that one would still have to wait for the RP whereby he returns, if that is something on the admin's plate.
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:48 am

I'm still not sure if the character should follow Bane, just created and making background. I should have been more clearer, what I meant was if you have a character that'd like to follow Bane and would like to let the admin know ahead time so that they know that someone is willing to take part in the resurrection, should they file an application or just wait for the RP to come. I've no problem with waiting, just wanted to know what I should do if I'm willing to take part.
Jysrak Armgo of House Barrison Del'Armgo -MENZO-
Jys/rak: Jys = Hard, steel, unyielding, /rak = Chaos, storm, tempest
Aegir
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Aegir » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:51 am

That would be more up to you then anything. If you want to wait and join normally once he's in, then that likely wouldn't need any sort of app. If you want to play the char like he's waiting for Bane's return, and/or planning to assist in the event, that would.