Capture triggers for Zmud

Mele
Staff
Staff

Capture triggers for Zmud

Post by Mele » Sun May 27, 2012 6:07 pm

This is something I'd always used to do, and had long lost the trigger due to a zmud swap out. So I've recently found it again and offer the knowledge out to all of you!

Being the twinklish that I am, I often will miss my skill up echoes, or my tells in combat. So I've always set it up so they are captured, and moved into a second tab on zmud. So if I notice those windows get a 'green light' I know I have gotten a tell or a skill up and I can tab over to see them.

Here's what to do:

Open your triggers tab.

Click 'new'

Ignore the 'Class' line.

Pattern: {You learn from your success}
Command: #Capture skills;#GAG

Make sure Enabled is clicked. Now when you get a skill up, it will remove it from your main screen and place it in a tab named 'skills'. If you'd like to name that something else, in command change 'skills' to whatever you please.

Pattern: {tells you}
Command: #Capture tells;#GAG

Pattern: {replies to you}
Command: #Capture tells;#GAG

For this one, I prefer NOT to use #GAG personally, this way it still captures it but it will NOT remove it from your main screen.

It will store these lines in these windows as long as your zmud is open, so if you're someone who leaves your pc on all the time you can easily keep track of how many improves for a skill for example. :)

The basics of it is obvious, so you can make it capture and remove anything you might not want to see. Like..

Pattern: {STARVING!}
Command: #Capture eat;#GAG

Eat will get a green light and there will not be a line in your whatever is happening. :)

Hope someone else enjoys this as much as I do! :3
Beshaba potatoes.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Re: Capture triggers for Zmud

Post by Mele » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:37 am

Bumping this up. :)
Beshaba potatoes.
Atraos
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Atraos » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:38 am

Hey

I use MUSHclient. I know it is probably not as good as Zmud and the like but I have been using it that long I simply cant stop!

Does anyone know if it has any similar tricks and quirks that can be employed? I have never really ever delved into its capabilities, if there are actually any?

Thanks
Moloch
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Moloch » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:45 pm

Mele,

Does this work on all versions of zmud?
"My pain is constant and sharp, and I do not hope for a better world. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to survive."
Rhangalas
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Rhangalas » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:34 pm

It should work on all versions. I used the unsupported 'free' version of zMUD (3.62) for a good while and all of the commands for creating triggers and aliases seem to be the same as v7.21.
"I have a lot of beliefs... and I live by none of them."
- Louis C.K.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:05 am

I've used it on the one Rhang mentions there, and the newest version. Both of which it worked on.
Beshaba potatoes.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:11 am

Bumping from the middle of the first page to the top!
Beshaba potatoes.