Pet Healers

Hrosskell
Staff
Staff

Pet Healers

Post by Hrosskell » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:27 pm

Hi there! I was wondering if there was some way to implement pet healing. Over the past week or so, I've witnessed about 5 unique cases of pets (horses, mainly) having their limbs severed by bandits. The horses in question range from 14p--55p+, and all seem vulnerable to extreme mutilation just from being taken out on the roads. While I understand that this could be construed as part of "realism," I do not feel that having my 55p investment torn to shreds by an NPC that fifth level characters can beat en masse is realistic, and having no independent way of dealing with it (for those with few friends, or relegated to the early US hours) makes it even more of a pain. My suggestion would be a simple NPC priest interaction that targeted your pet and healed/regrew limbs. A popular spot for this might be the Daggerford druids.
Jamais arriere.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Re: Pet Healers

Post by Harroghty » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:16 pm

I added a trial program onto a druid in Waterdeep's Shrine of Nature. Please post any feedback here.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Hrosskell
Staff
Staff

Post by Hrosskell » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:29 pm

Absolutely fantastic. I cannot thank you enough for the very quick, very thoughtful response.
Jamais arriere.
Lirith
Staff
Staff

Post by Lirith » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:39 pm

This is great!
Vivienne
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Vivienne » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:31 pm

Would it be possible to add another one of these in an area that evils can enter? Characters like me, whatever mix of my stats/faith are barred from the druid area and I didn't notice a difference in spells offered by the druid priestess out front.
My pain is constant and sharp, and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape.