spell-time shortening

This forum contains bugs which the test team have been unable to reproduce.
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

spell-time shortening

Post by Yemin » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:38 pm

I've been experiencing a noticeable decrease in how long my spells last.
Darkvision, mind blank, stone skin nearly all my spells aren't lasting quite as long as for about a week or 2 now.

i waited till i gained confirmation from one other player. but wanted more just incase.

So anyone else noticing this with their wizards... and perhaps clerics?
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!
dolifer

Re: spell-time shortening

Post by dolifer » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:55 am

I've definitely been noticing this (though you already knew that, Yemin), and Ansli had asked me about it before I'd even remembered to mention it to her, so there's another.

...I had thought maybe I was just forgetting to cm +ext for some reason, but... Nope.

Any imms out there maybe know anything about this? I kind of feel like more people should be noticing it.. I'm not crazy, right? Spells are lasting a shorter time, right?
Tyeslan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tyeslan » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:16 am

I have noticed it with a few spells myself. I wasn't sure if it was just me though.
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:29 pm

Since IMs don't see every single post. Hoping a bump here will get us a bit of a clue as to whats going on. I'm noticing more spells losing time in the last couple weeks once more.
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!
Svenrick
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Svenrick » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:47 am

Huh.

I thought it was me just imagining things, but I have noticed some of my spells have lasted a significantly shorter amount of time than they used to.

I also recently noticed spelljammer ships floating around through Waterdeep so perhaps there is some correlation or it is something to do with an event?
Noble intention. Slow action. Swift justice. Swallowed pride. These are the traits of a plucky hero.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:47 pm

Please do not "bump" your own threads - and please watch what you share about IC events on the OOC forums.

Moving this to a code area as it is not a general discussion.
Beshaba potatoes.
Algon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Algon » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:40 am

I myself noticed this tonight as well. I would say it seemed like my buffing spells have been cut down by about half. I got like 2 minutes, if that from them.
Counting bodies like sheep...to the rhythm of the war drums. ~~~ Maynard
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:04 pm

Mele wrote:Please do not "bump" your own threads - and please watch what you share about IC events on the OOC forums.

Moving this to a code area as it is not a general discussion.
Soooo, Is it a bug or intentional?
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:38 am

I should add. That I THINK my spell recovery time has also increased. I'm pretty sure anyway.

Awaiting confirmation through mass concensus of aggregate number of members before outliers can be verified and subjective assertion be affirmed as truth.

Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:52 am

I have not really noticed a change to my spell lengths. A few years ago spell component use and lengths were brought into line with the standard rules. I've seen little meddling since.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:02 pm

Hmm, on all of your characters or just the priestly kind?
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:24 pm

To my knowledge there have been no changes to hard code affecting spells this year.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:28 pm

Harroghty wrote:To my knowledge there have been no changes to hard code affecting spells this year.
Thanks for the insight. I swear to all the good and evil gods though my spells have shortened in the last 2 months but I've also noticed my spell recovery time shortening. I think its more or less a fair ish ish trade off... maybe. Either way I'm getting out there and using them alot more quickly without getting too fustrated so alls good.
Benorf
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Benorf » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:39 pm

I just did some experiments and found that none of my spell lengths have shortened whatsoever. In fact, they seem to be lasting a bit longer than I thought they did.
Benorf the Stout, Axe of Torm
Formyndare Mastare, Horn Guard of Yondalla
Thaien Ellbrecht, Planar Interviewer
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:36 pm

How curious.
The case of the ghost spellplagued?