Quest mobs, armor and IC implications

Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Quest mobs, armor and IC implications

Post by Yemin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:33 am

On adventuring, could quest mobs that are in "rescue me" situations not load the standard random armor and weapons? I usually ignore old women wearing steel chainmail for no reason but armor, holding a shield and sword goes counterpoint to these quests at least. I believe I've posted on a similar topic before and it was met with some resistance which is always fine because this seeminly only effected my own personal emersion. But, there was an instance recently in the blue alley for example where no almost no one in the group i led was willing to really partake of the quest built for them to enjoy for this particular cosmetic reason.
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Re: Quest mobs, armor and IC implications

Post by Harroghty » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:39 pm

I updated a few of the mobiles from that area.

The issue here is that the code now fills in gaps universally that it once did not (e.g. weapons, armor, etc.). Sometimes there are older mobiles who need to now be adjusted in the light of those changes.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Quest mobs, armor and IC implications

Post by Yemin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:42 pm

Cool, thanks man
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!