Unusual Weapon echoes

This forum contains bugs which the test team have been unable to reproduce.
Beskytter
Sword Master
Sword Master

Unusual Weapon echoes

Post by Beskytter » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:58 am

It seems that not all throwing category weapons are created uniquely to their description, which likely comes from a broad code to handle their echoes when in combat so I can understand why it happens.

However some of the throwing weapons echo like a crushing weapon when they should be piercing. My main concern is if this is actually only causing crushing damage and if damage type factors differently when considering armor values and damage done to x-limb/item.

My case being the pilum, described accurately as a javelin like object and is throwable but if you wield it and fight with it without throwing it, you apparently don't poke people but bang it against them like a club. If this isn't affecting the actual math of the game then I'm fine with it and will just RP around it or ignore it in general but I'm concerned its an actual bug of the code and causing math related issues.
I'm a raptor, doin' what I can, gonna eat everything till he appearance of man. Yo yo see me, I'm living below the soil. I'll be back, but I'm comin' as oil.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Re: Unusual Weapon echoes

Post by Harroghty » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:30 am

The pilum is not really a melee weapon. Please read below for why it makes sense that it would do bludgeoning damage:

http://www.forgottenkingdoms.org/board/ ... um#p116786

What issues are you concerned about? Are there other objects which you believe have issues?
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Beskytter
Sword Master
Sword Master

Re: Unusual Weapon echoes

Post by Beskytter » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:21 pm

Well, after reading the consensus about one using the haft instead of the head to fight in sustained melee I can go along with the crushing damage.

My concern was the type of damage done versus the way the damage was attenuated, stabbing/slicing maims and causes bleeding while crushing damage causes bruising and breaks, and how it affects the enemy's ability to continue a fight.
However I've been reading some other files in game and on the website and I think this concern was solely bred in me because my RL experiences as a heavy fighter tell it makes a difference.

I'm convinced this was purely me being nitpicky in a DnD setting, sorry about that but I thank thee for the quickness of the reply.
I'm a raptor, doin' what I can, gonna eat everything till he appearance of man. Yo yo see me, I'm living below the soil. I'll be back, but I'm comin' as oil.