Turtle mounts

Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Turtle mounts

Post by Yemin » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:47 pm

Could turtle mounts be granted the ability to swim?
there may be more than the 1 in game but I'm thinking of the riding turtles from the azure carapace which I'm pretty sure, are meant to be sea turtles... or well, magical blue sea turtles.
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!
Svenrick
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Re: Turtle mounts

Post by Svenrick » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:15 am

This is a pretty cool suggestion. I hope that it is viable mechanic-wise because I'm in support of mounts capable of aquatic movement.

Flying mounts can cover the same bit of utility, but this seems like its flavorful and who DOESN'T want to ride across the seas on the back of a giant turtle?
Noble intention. Slow action. Swift justice. Swallowed pride. These are the traits of a plucky hero.
Aesnir
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Aesnir » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:27 am

There is only one image that can cover my approval of this.

Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:32 am

Well, it also adds a half step measure because there are many shorter paths open to you on the map if your mount can cross rivers and lakes even if it doesn't have the stamina to cross seas. And there are places that flying mounts can go of course that don't have no water jones.

I like the image as well though :)
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!
Talos
Staff
Staff

Post by Talos » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:12 pm

Implemented pending update. May need to buy a new one to get the effect.
A goblin, a trickster, a warrior? A nameless terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. A most feared being in all the cosmos. Nothing could stop, hold, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:10 pm

Cool. tank you. Tank you very much.