Halls of justice for evil newbies

This forum contains bugs which the test team have been unable to reproduce.
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Halls of justice for evil newbies

Post by Yemin » Thu May 19, 2016 12:11 am

*posted here because it has quest info.
Currently no evil PCs are able to enter the halls of justice.

Why I can see why due to the paladins posted at the halls entry points I wonder if this should be altered to allow evil newbies the ability to progress through the express deliveries. I know when I started Mers it was the only way to make enough money to really get started and is a place that many PCs advise newbies to go for money.

To clarify, the second mission is to deliver flour to Thrimba within the halls.

Personally, I don't believe the halls should shut out evil PCs, but that comes from my own interpretation of my own Rp with Lustria and how Tyr treats everyone evenly until they break laws, be they good or evil and seeing as how the halls have NPCs to keep people from its more sensitive areas like any other temple I find it hard to justify.
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!
Talos
Staff
Staff

Re: Halls of justice for evil newbies

Post by Talos » Thu May 19, 2016 1:00 am

This quest does not dead end, and one can continue with deliveries without entering the Halls.
A goblin, a trickster, a warrior? A nameless terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. A most feared being in all the cosmos. Nothing could stop, hold, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Thu May 19, 2016 3:05 am

Oh, fair enough.
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

newbie quests and names of places.

Post by Yemin » Thu May 19, 2016 11:03 am

In the same spirit, not sure how long the red wizard ale house is going to be a thing, but newbie quests telling you to go there will want to be shifted over from saying lucky drunk if the time frame is appropriate.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Fri May 20, 2016 4:00 pm

I think it might be worthwhile to adjust the temple generally to make a courtroom area more accessible and then have an alignment limited fortress-type area. Anyone would be able to access the courts (and does in source material); the limits are just in place to prevent access elsewhere and could be more specific.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons