Can we really have hot chocolate?

Andreas
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Can we really have hot chocolate?

Post by Andreas » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:16 am

Any possibility of hot chocolate being added as a drink type instead of us having to fake it with milk?
Helm keep thee.
Talos
Staff
Staff

Re: Can we really have hot chocolate?

Post by Talos » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:49 am

A 100% use prog duplicating the drink echoes will let you make whatever liquid you want.
A goblin, a trickster, a warrior? A nameless terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. A most feared being in all the cosmos. Nothing could stop, hold, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Oengus
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Oengus » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:49 am

If I recall correctly, a check with said USE progs to see if the item is in the inventory or being used will help expand on the messages. It has been awhile but I seem to recall the USE progs working on GET/TAKE and EQUIPping. So checking if the item is held prior to the action, and using different messages with 'else' to describe - let's say picking up or warming ones hands with the cup - will keep you from repetitive use progs. You can also consider ACT and INTERCEPT progs to do just about anything, in theory they compliment each other very well. An intercept prog that will force the character to emote will trigger act progs. On a tangent, I believe that quest flags can be used to cut down on redundant actions with this sort of side-job activity, to make the process very sequential. Of course brewing hot chocolate is just as important as refining the water of life.

One of the items I have been mulling over is a sort of refinement system. Like a 'grinder' object that would turn flowers and seeds into dusty compounds. The grinder checks for the object type specified, loads a prototype dust object, then restrings that dust to the specified object similar to the advanced vendor programs. The specified object is junked, and inside the grinder is the new component dust with intercept programs to further refine or create an admixture from it - say, adding milk? Though I was using this to make poisons and medicines, I believe it could make a very interesting brewing pot. Hot cocoa, tea, coffee, mulled prison wine...

Who knows, maybe a new area will pop up soon with this kind of camping gear?
Lay your sword unto its sheath, set down your shield, tis time to eat. Butter thy bread and slice thy wurst, rest thy boots upon the hearth! For never was a meal as fine! Bless the mead and mutton, bread and wine.
Jethral
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Jethral » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:34 am

Andreas wrote:Any possibility of hot chocolate being added as a drink type instead of us having to fake it with milk?

If we do, might I suggest a knew way of making it? Milk + cocoa dust + pot + boil = hot cocoa!
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:37 am

It would be about time the cooking code got a few additions, with all the new interesting exotic foods in the new zones and all that.
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!
Talos
Staff
Staff

Post by Talos » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:17 pm

Altered these to allow for drinking of hot chocolate.
A goblin, a trickster, a warrior? A nameless terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. A most feared being in all the cosmos. Nothing could stop, hold, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.