Custom fit armor for sale in shops

Reports on bugs, and questions on if something is a bug.
Danik
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Custom fit armor for sale in shops

Post by Danik » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:41 am

I just purchased a "polished full vambraces with laminate spaulders" from the armourer in the fighters guild in Waterdeep. When I tried to put them on I saw:

"You stop using fine mail sleeves.
This armor doesn't fit you at all. It was custom-tailored.
You stop using polished full vambraces with laminate spaulders.
You drop polished full vambraces with laminate spaulders."

Upon examination I see:

"It is in perfect condition.
It is full plate and is heavy armour.
It is just the right size for you to wear.
It can be picked up, worn on the arms.
It is worn as armour.
It is medium in size and would fit a humanoid.
This armor does not appear to fit you.
These vambraces have both the upper and lower cannons and polished iron engraved with delicate traceries radiating from around their turned up edges. The couter that connects the two has a flared plate on the outside. Articulated spaulders cover the shoulders and overlap the breast bones with flared, raised edges.
A small W is stamped on the inside of the upper cannon and it looks to be custom made to fit its original owner precisely."

I should have seen the line about the armour not fitting me ahead of time, but missed it. Which is my fault. However should custom fit armor like this be available for sale in shops?

I asked about resizing and was told that it was unlikely I would be able to do anything about making the armor fit, and that I should post here.

Would it be possible to make the armor fit me, or for a refund? I purchased it for 85 platinum and now they're offering 60. I 'll understand if not.

Thank you!
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Re: Custom fit armor for sale in shops

Post by Harroghty » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:49 pm

Caveat emptor. The clear line included in the description of the object is meant to prevent this from happening, but there is no way to flag a specific object so that it cannot be bought and sold.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:40 pm

Would An OOC note in the item's long desc be appropriate to let people know not to sell them?

Or well, since I've been informed that this kind of armor is from a specific place. Perhaps who ever provides it should tell them not to sell it if appropriate.
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:26 pm

The vendor describes it. The description makes it clear in bright red. Short of adding a prog that sings and dances...
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:39 pm

Oh, fair enough.
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!