Nixa's Redemption - Discussion of Love and War

To post role-play stories, logs from the game, and in character news of note.
Aysa
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Nixa's Redemption - Discussion of Love and War

Post by Aysa » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:22 pm

Disclaimer before the log... I did edit out some of the side conversations that were going on in the square. It is not because of who or what, but so that it doesn't distract from the purpose of the log.

I did like this particular conversation.

@-->--- Start of the Log ---<--@

A tall male aasimar raises an eyebrow at you 'I would disagree. Many of my conversations revolve around war and combat. Once upon a time they revolved around my children and my wife. THough, those days are long gone. Now it is primarily war'.

Ailyn says to A tall male aasimar 'A bit sad when it is only war, though I suppose for you it is your life.'

You say to A tall male aasimar 'Well, you really should not focus on war too much. Fighting is just an ugly thing.'

a silver chain holding an orb of magic glows briefly as Ailyn activates it.

A tall male aasimar nods his head in agreement 'Faith is what has driven my life since I was quite young. Even when I was married, my wife and I both agreed that our lives were devoted to our deities first and family second.'.

a silver chain holding an orb of magic glows briefly as Ailyn activates it.

A tall male aasimar looks at you, and then to Ailyn 'She was the high priestess of Kelemvor and I the high priest of Tempus at the time. Though, much has changed since those days, and she has not been seen since the destruction of the Abbey by the dragolich'.

A tall male aasimar says 'Dracolich, rather.'

A short, oval-faced female human walks in from the south.

Ailyn frowns and nods 'I had heard about that from Areia myself, though I wasn't around at the time.'.

Ailyn waves to A short, oval-faced female human.

A short, oval-faced female human enters, glancing about with a slow, calm gaze. She dips her head respectfully when she seems to notice Ailyn.

Nixa frowns at A tall male aasimar, 'I am sorry to hear that your wife has... gone elsewhere?' She does not seem so sure of the wording, but uses it anyway. 'But really, there is more to life than war and battle and fighting.'.

Ailyn's hands pulsate and shimmer with soft light.

A short, oval-faced female human says to Ailyn 'Miss Ailyn, I hope you are well.'

Ailyn smiles to A short, oval-faced female human 'I am doing well. How about yourself?'.

A tall male aasimar offers a dismissive wave 'It was many years ago, and even more years apart. She moved to the Abbey long before it was destroyed and we only communicated through letters. As for the war, how is something new supposed to be brought about if the old is not destroyed?'.

A short, oval-faced female human reaches into her pack and removes an item, seemingly well-placed beforehand to be thus snagged. Glancing back to Ailyn she nods, moving over to her and offering the object in question as she replies. 'Quite well, thank you. This is the item I spoke of.'.

A short, oval-faced female human gets a warped golden wand from a leather pack.

Nixa tilts her head, 'Have you never had a properly aged bottle of wine? You can always make new bottles of wine, but one does not have to destroy the cellar so that it can be filled with 'new' ones.'.

A short, oval-faced female human gives a warped golden wand to Ailyn.

A tall male aasimar leans on his staff and keeps his focus on you 'How are conflicts supposed to be resolved? Shall we make political moves where only those of high social rank thrive and those common folk suffer through hunger and loss of jobs? Why not a decisive war to end the conflict without carrying on for years?'.

Ailyn nods to A short, oval-faced female human 'I see. I will add it to my bag of wands, and perhaps use it for an event as a reward sometime.'.

Nixa furrows her brow to A tall male aasimar, 'Right, where those same common folk are now fodder and left for dead, rather than just being hungry?'.

A short, oval-faced female human nods respectfully to Ailyn 'As you wish, Miss Ailyn.'.

Ailyn nods at A short, oval-faced female human.

A tall male aasimar shakes his head 'Tis why we have armies, tis why proper funding for militaries and navys is so important. The common folk do not have to be forced into the fight. Understanding the teachings of the Foehammer is vital. For slaughter of families and innocents is fobiden. TH' ose that burn crops and farms are to be harshly punished. If war is fought with honor it is a glorious thing.

A short, oval-faced female human nods at Lotemdar.

Ailyn asks A short, oval-faced female human 'How goes your training?'

A tall male aasimar looks at A short, oval-faced female human.

Nixa sighs quietly, 'I am not going to dismiss what you say. I am a relatively semi-cute Enchantress who has needed the strong arm of a warrior to keep her body upright.' She tilts her head, 'Even loved one a time or two ago.' She clear her throat, 'But shall we go to Silverymoon? Can I show you the devastation of war?'.

A short, oval-faced female human says to Ailyn 'It advances somewhat; the items you granted me have been noticeably helpful in this.'

Ailyn smiles and nods to A short, oval-faced female human 'Good, I am glad to hear. When you find better, keep those and pass them on to another.'.

A tall male aasimar looks north, and then back to you 'I was there, I fought alongside the defenders of Silverymoon. The scrolls that the priestess Aurora took into battle with here were scribed by me. I stood alongside Harroghty and the others in the final battle.'.

A short, oval-faced female human dips her head in acknowledgement to Ailyn. 'I shall do as you say.'.

Ailyn nods in agreement to A tall male aasimar 'Indeed, as was I there'.

Nixa tilts her head to one side, 'Was that before or after the orcs broke through?'.

A tall male aasimar says to you 'What you fail to take into account is who the foe was, and who waged the war. The orcs do not follow the teachings of honor in battle. Had those alliances that Silverymoon made for centuries held up, the war would have been far shorter and far less destruction'

A tall male aasimar nods his head with Ailyn 'One of our greatest adventures together.'.

An overweight, slack-jawed male half orc asks 'Dat sound like good 'venture. Lots fighty?'

A short, oval-faced female human quirks her brow faintly as people speak of war and, in particular, Silverymoon.

Ailyn smiles to A tall male aasimar 'It was well fought, and we saved many who were held captive at that.'.

A tall male aasimar nods his head in agreement with Ailyn.

A tall male aasimar nods at An overweight, slack-jawed male half orc.

Nixa looks to Ailyn and then back to A tall male aasimar, 'And what you fail to take into account is that there are STILL refugee camps outside Silverymoon. People are /still/ suffering. Ok, so ... heaven forbid... someone decided that the rules of engagement are not the same for them as it would be for others. That does not change the fact that people are suffering."

A tall male aasimar says to An overweight, slack-jawed male half orc 'Many orcs and giants fell before us that day'

An overweight, slack-jawed male half orc says to A tall male aasimar 'Giant fall too? Brug not fight giants. Maybe one day do.'

An overweight, slack-jawed male half orc rubs his lantern jaw, pondering.

A tall male aasimar turns back to you 'And if no tactitions stood with Silverymoon how many slaves would there be? WOuld Silverymoon still exist? What I live for may not be pretty, and it may not be what you consider noble, but it is a need.'.

A short, oval-faced female human seems to be somewhat thoughtful.

A tall male aasimar motions around Waterdeep 'This city stands because an army is trained to defend it. We wage wars to defend ideals, to stand for what we know is right'.

Ailyn's hands pulsate and shimmer with soft light.

Nixa frowns, 'What you provide /is/ needed. A proper defense. A honorable warrior that knows when people are in need of his strength is indeed noble. I am not arguing that point at all.' She frowns, 'But evil does not care about honor. Evil does not care about ethics and morals... not when all they want to do is deliver pain.' She frowns, 'Delivering pain because in their minds, they feel /that/ is how you make the world a stronger and better place.'.

A short, oval-faced female human raises a brow, very slightly, as you finishes speaking, but is silent.

An overweight, slack-jawed male half orc scratches his head as he listens to the conversation, deep in thought.

A tall male aasimar taps the tip of his staff on the cobble stone street 'The one that came before the Foehammer was the god of slaughter and bloodshed. Tempus is served by men and women of honor. The king of slaughter was defeated by Tempus bringing a time of peace that these kingdoms had not know for centuries. Though the Foe' hammer is the god of war, he is very aware that without peace war has no meaning.

Alinor glances over at you, shaking his head as he murmurs, 'They cause pain in others because it makes them feel better. They enjoy preying on those weaker than them. Not because they think it will make the world a better place.'.

A short, oval-faced female human seems to consider a moment, then dips her head faintly as Alinor speaks...perhaps coincidentally, perhaps not. Either way, very unobtrusively.

A tall male aasimar offers you a resinged shrug 'I fight to rid the realms of the evil you speak of. The wars I participate in are to preserve the peace and make a better realm for those that come after us'.

Gerfried's cold stare lifts briefly skyward and he utters a near inaudible, 'Ethicless.. prayings on those weaker... My, my, do these people have the wrong idea of darkness.'.

You say to Alinor 'And that is why we chose to self-inflict pain? No, any pain that we could endure made us stronger. We delivered pain to those who craved it. We delivered pain to those who deserved it. We delivered pain to whom it hurt the most. If they endured it, then they were stronger for it... just like us.'

Ailyn sighs loudly.

A tall male aasimar drinks water from a phoenix fountain.

Alinor shakes his head, his expression hinting and sadness or perhaps pity as he looks at you.

A tall male aasimar looks up from the fountain 'Some of us live in war so others do are not forced to live in war.'.

Ailyn says to you 'You are not one of them anymore Nixa. You are trying to be better then that....'

A short, oval-faced female human speaks finally, in a soft, even tone, glancing between Alinor and you 'I beg pardon for the intrusion, but if I may, I believe you speak of two different groups: those that believe in a philosophy, and those that believe in mere self-gratification. Where the two meet and where they differ I am not qualified to say, of course.'

Nixa looks back to A tall male aasimar, 'And some of us hate our former selves. Some of us do not wish to be like that any more. And it tears at our hearts that the need for war is still necessary. Defenses, sure. I have loved a man that is a great warrior. But ... there is more to life than war' ."

An overweight, slack-jawed male half orc exclaims 'Brug think all think too many. Eat yums. Find good fights. Happy times. No worries!'

An overweight, slack-jawed male half orc bobs his head knowingly.

A tall male aasimar dips his head to you 'And I will accept a life of war to preserve your ability to live a life without said war.'.

A short, oval-faced female human dips her head faintly, considering An overweight, slack-jawed male half orc's comment with apparently as much seriousness as the previous ones. 'An interesting philosophy, Master Brug.'.

Alinor gives A tall male aasimar a brief nod.

Gerfried's right gauntlet flexes slowly closed and open again at his side while he considers in a heavy silence.

An overweight, slack-jawed male half orc exclaims to A short, oval-faced female human 'Is good way lives. Work for Brug!'

Zhalar says 'Exult in life and find joy in all things.'

Nivalis leans in against Gerfried a bit looking a little troubled.

Nixa looks to A short, oval-faced female human, 'I speak of the philosophy.' She rubs at her forehead. 'I know it well.' She then looks to A tall male aasimar, 'It is admirable that you will stand a post to protect people, allowing them to live how they wish.' She tilts her head, 'I am just saying that there is more to your own life than standing a post.'.

An overweight, slack-jawed male half orc grins, showing off a few missing teeth.

a cyan amulet of communication glows briefly as Alinor activates it.

A short, oval-faced female human nods to An overweight, slack-jawed male half orc. 'I have no doubt it does, Master Brug.' She offers you a similar nod of acknowledgement.

A tall male aasimar lets his features soften a little 'That life is long gone.'.

Ailyn Hmmmms...

Nixa shrugs, 'As far as I can tell... you still have breath in your lungs. The life I had before, I would like to say it is in the past. That the life before me has potential.' She shrugs, 'But I will digress. I thank you for any battle that you have served in which preserved my family, my way of life, or the cities in which I enjoy shopping.'.

A short, oval-faced female human seems to have a very faint curiosity regarding you, but betrays nothing and it passes away into her more common state of calm unemotion.

A tall male aasimar catches himself and regains his composure 'I was fotrunate to experience more to life. My path always brings me back to the battlefield. Tis where I have chosen to remain'.

Ailyn hmms softly, simply listening to the conversation filling the square instead.

Nivalis quietly tells Gerfried, 'Some people do not see.'.

An overweight, slack-jawed male half orc says to A tall male aasimar 'Where Brug learn mores 'bout Tempus? Brug want know.'

A tall male aasimar looks over at An overweight, slack-jawed male half orc 'Can you read in the common tongue?'.

A short, oval-faced female human remarks, to noone in particular. 'A non-harmful discussion of diverse and sometimes opposing viewpoints; truly, one of the greatest benefits of a civilized society.'.

A tall male aasimar nods his head in agreement with A short, oval-faced female human.

You hear the marching of the city watch patrolling the streets.

@-->--- End of Log ---<--@

(Side note observation... I love how the timed emit of city watch performing patrols ended the log in which a Tempuran was defending his way of life)