Justice Code: Making something a crime

For builders to discuss and ask building questions.
Myn
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Justice Code: Making something a crime

Post by Myn » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:29 pm

Is there a way to subject a PC to the justice code from a prog?

For example, an intercept prog that when PC does action X it applies the same status as, say CRIME_MUGGING?
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Re: Justice Code: Making something a crime

Post by Harroghty » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:25 pm

No, but you can simulate the justice system with a program. For example, use a skill check and/or DEX and LCK, then based upon the outcome either make it work or have the PC subjected to capture. I can walk you through what that would look like in code, but does that make sense?
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Myn
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Myn » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:30 pm

Yeah, that all makes sense. I was wondering if it would take something like that, but I have no idea how putting someone in jail would work as far as releases and what not, and how it all would tie in with other guard programs should you manage an escape.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:37 pm

Jail is kind of a mess.

Jail works on a hard code basis to govern being put there and being released from there.

Things like meals and such are soft code.

If you want to regulate jail on a more nuanced basis (like including the chance of escape), then you would probably be better served doing it using QBITs.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Myn
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Myn » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:16 am

The escape part I was more concerned with is rather, if the PC is config +/- SURRENDER.

Is there an if check for configs to see if the PC is willing to accept punishment before getting into the checks to evade the punishment?
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:18 pm

There is no coded check for that CONFIG, no.
Myn
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Myn » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:03 pm

This all gives me a good foundation to go forward with, thanks!