Adoubement of Dame Elisabeth Marshall of Tyr

To post role-play stories, logs from the game, and in character news of note.
Elisabeth
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Adoubement of Dame Elisabeth Marshall of Tyr

Post by Elisabeth » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:47 pm

A long note from an unseen gong reverbrates through the room.
A tonsured Acolyte of Laws begins a wordless harmony's first note.
A tonsured Acolyte of Laws matches the note, then elevates its pitch only slightly.
A tonsured Acolyte of Laws begins the note as the second then all three complete a short plain chant.
Knight Commander Paulus says 'Candidates for knighthood, declare yourselves.'
Tall and broadly-built, this man fills out the frame of some
beautiful plate armor well. His face is revealed, tanned and
lined with the creases of years of service, but his eyes are
hid behind a strap of white linen.

Knight Commander Paulus is in perfect health.
Diritas touches a gloved hand lightly to Katheryn's shoulder, a smile that might be considered fond and grateful on his lips until his hand withdraws and he looks back to you and Knight Commander Paulus.
Elisabeth advances a single steady step, answering, 'I, Squire Elisabeth Marshall, am here.'.
Saoirse dips her head to Alinor briefly with a smile and then she looks to you.
Katheryn gives Diritas a faint smile before looking towards you and Knight Commander Paulus at the sound of the gong.
Knight Commander Paulus says to you 'Squire Elisabeth, kneel.'
Mairenn holds her hand and the rose within it to her chest as she looks at you with a big smile and wide-eyed.
Elisabeth's chin dips shortly and she advances further, dropping obediently to her knees before Knight Commander Paulus. Her head bows again and remains low.
You kneel before Knight Commander Paulus.
Knight Commander Paulus looks from face to face for a moment, lingering upon each only briefly. Finally, he asks, 'Who vouches for the quality of this candidate?'.
Katheryn takes a brief step forward and clears her throat gently before she states clearly, 'I, Dame Katheryn, attest to his quality and commend her to a you a fitting candidate, Lawkeeper.'.
Knight Commander Paulus looks to Katheryn before replying, 'So be it.' His gaze moves quickly then to one of the chorus.
A tonsured Acolyte of Laws steps quickly to Katheryn.
A tonsured Acolyte of Laws gives golden spurs with ornate hammer-shaped teeth to Katheryn.
A tonsured Acolyte of Laws resumes his place.
Mairenn smiles brightly as she looks on.
Katheryn looks down at the spurs with a small smile before she approaches you and kneel/bends to fix them on your footwear.
Katheryn gives you golden spurs with ornate hammer-shaped teeth.
You wear golden spurs with ornate hammer-shaped teeth on your feet.
Elisabeth remains silent and still while the spurs are affixed.
Adrack keeps his face solemn, holding his body rigid.
Katheryn rises and returns to her former position near Diritas, folding her hands neatly back before herself.
Knight Commander Paulus wields a steel sword of service in his right hand.
Diritas's smile grows faintly as he observes in silence, eyes lifting from you to Katheryn as he gives a nod.
Knight Commander Paulus takes up a sword and raises it above you briefly. Then, a moment later, he taps its flat upon your left shoulder, right shoulder, and then head. 'Elisabeth Marshall, in the name of the Tyr, the Just God, and his church be thou a good knight and true.'.
Aramil allows his gaze to wander from you to Katheryn and Diritas and back again.
Knight Commander Paulus lifts the sword away and delivers a short salute, bringing its pommel near his chin. He lowers it then and says, 'Arise, Dame Elisabeth.'.
Saoirse crosses her arms and nods firmly with smiling eyes.
Hagor grins broadly as he hears the words spoken.
Elisabeth inhales and then expells a short, silent breath before her figure draws back up to its full height to face Knight Commander Paulus.
You move quickly to your feet.
Delphie nods slowly with a faint grin.
Alinor looks on with a faint smile on his lips.
Stigr allows himself a small smile as he watches you rise.
Mairenn gasps quietly as she watches you and then smiles.
Knight Commander Paulus gives up the sword and takes a belt with which he encircles your waist, securing it before saying, 'Dame Elisabeth, I gird you with this symbol of your unstained honor and bind you to strive always to reveal the truth, punish the guilty, right the wrong, and be always true and just in your actions.'.
Knight Commander Paulus gives you an adoubement studded with golden hammers.
Adrack nods slighty, his face still solemn.
Elisabeth affords Knight Commander Paulus a very slight nod in affirmation.
You wear an adoubement studded with golden hammers about your waist.
Aoife lifts her chin slightly in an acknowledgement, a hint of a smile appearing.
Knight Commander Paulus extends then a sword, still in its scabbard, toward you.
Diritas's hand tightens upon the coronet grasped in his hands, eyes fixed upon you and Knight Commander Paulus as he stands watching in frozen silence.
Elisabeth's right hand grips the hilt and her left the sheathed blade, looking down upon the weapon almost dumbly a moment before she fastens it to her left hip.
Knight Commander Paulus gives you a gold-chased, leather-wrapped scabbard hung upon a thick sword belt.
When you look inside, you see:
a gold-chased, leather-wrapped scabbard hung upon a thick sword belt contains:
a nimble falchion with a generous clip point and a swept guard (perfect)
You wear a gold-chased, leather-wrapped scabbard hung upon a thick sword belt on your belt.
Knight Commander Paulus releases the scabbard and says, ' Dame Elisabeth, you are armed to stand ready against corruption and evil. I charge you to abide by the laws, and let no others break them. Mete out punishment where lawbreaking occurs.'.
Diritas smile grows more sober as he watches.
Elisabeth looks up again and responds, 'Lawkeeper, I am now prepared to offer my fealty.'.
Knight Commander Paulus nods to a tonsured Acolyte of Laws.
Katheryn draws in a slow, measured breath as her fingers hook on the woven cord about her wrist and remain steady, focus kept on you and Knight Commander Paulus with a fond smile.
A tonsured Acolyte of Laws steps up to remove the cloak from your shoulders.
You stop using a wool cloak dyed with red madder.
You give a wool cloak dyed with red madder to a tonsured Acolyte of Laws.
A tonsured Acolyte of Laws returns to his place.
Knight Commander Paulus extends a hand to you.
Elisabeth takes Knight Commander Paulus's hand in her own, a firm, unwavering grip, and again kneels.
You kneel before Knight Commander Paulus.
Elisabeth's verdant gaze fixes upon Knight Commander Paulus and, feminine alto resonating to carry clearly through the shrine, she intones, 'I, Elisabeth Marshall, do affirm my duty and fealty to Tyr Grimjaws and His holy cause of Justice. I will reveal the truth, punish the guilty, right the wrong, and strive to be always true and just in mine actions.' She finishes, 'I will abide by the laws and let no others break them. I will mete out punishment where lawbreaking occurs.'.
Knight Commander Paulus returns your gaze evenly and, after a pregnant pause, replies, 'And I, for my part, will serve you faithfully as officer of the church, Dame Elisabeth. I will provide counsel upon the principles and definitions of just law. Giving justice and protection to you so long as you keep faith with your oaths, and just judgment should you falter. May Tyr bind me to this oath.'.
Knight Commander Paulus pulls you up to stand.
You move quickly to your feet.
Knight Commander Paulus opens one armored hand and buffets your face with the steel-shod back of his gauntlet.
Diritas's thin-lipped smile curls faintly as he observes the blow, then he gives a nod.
Elisabeth accepts the firm strike gracefully. A stinging red mark upon that cheek, her regard focuses again upon Knight Commander Paulus with a faintest of nods. Her breath seems to hold a moment on.
Adrack winces.
Stigr's lips pull to one side a moment as he observes the blow, nodding once.
Saoirse nods.
Delphie nods slowly, respectfully, at the display.
Katheryn purses her lips tightly at the sound, otherwise remaining silent and stoic.
Knight Commander Paulus ensure's he has eye contact again with you then, keeping it, says, 'Accept no further offense to yourself or to the law.'.
Hagor forwards his brow curiously, glancing around as if to see if this was normal, but remains watching as everyone seem to take it in grace.
Knight Commander Paulus steps back and speaks loudly, 'Dame Elisabeth, knight of Tyr.'.
A second strike of the gong hangs for a moment in the air before being again followed by a chorale of voices.
A tonsured Acolyte of Laws begins a wordless harmony's first note.
A tonsured Acolyte of Laws matches the note, then elevates its pitch only slightly.
A tonsured Acolyte of Laws begins the note as the second then all three complete a short plain chant.
Someone inducts you into the Paladins.
You have been blessed by your patron!
The air flutters slightly as a louder chime sounds throughout the temple, and beyond, as the Just God imparts his approval.
Aramil pulls his gaze away from the carefully polished floor, returning his attention back towards the proceedings.
The toll of a great gong sounds, brassy and sweet at once, just as a judge's judgement can be harsh to the guilty and sweet for the aggrieved. Tyr has a new champion upon Faerun.
...But if thou hast done evil, fear her. For she beareth not her sword in vain. For she is the Lord's instrument: a wrathful avenger unto the wicked.