Polymorph: Drow

Reports on bugs, and questions on if something is a bug.
Lucita
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Polymorph: Drow

Post by Lucita » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:42 am

When polymorphed as a drow it does not accept the standard basic default description. When you try and move the game tells you the "you must create a description' message. When you poly drow it forces you to make a custom description before you can move.
Lirith
Staff
Staff

Re: Polymorph: Drow

Post by Lirith » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:12 pm

This stems from drow being a playable race. When a PC polymorphs into any race that is also a player race, the game thinks it's the player form of the race rather than NPC form of the race and so requires a description.
Rordan
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Rordan » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:51 pm

This happens when I turn into a panther as well.
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:45 pm

Lirith wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:12 pm This stems from drow being a playable race. When a PC polymorphs into any race that is also a player race, the game thinks it's the player form of the race rather than NPC form of the race and so requires a description.
If it helps to clarify, I actually didn't used to experience this when I polymorphic to moon elf. But haven't logged on in a while for an extended period of time.
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!