Mob - Skinny Young Man in House Invincible

Reports on bugs, and questions on if something is a bug.
Elisabeth
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Mob - Skinny Young Man in House Invincible

Post by Elisabeth » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:59 am

It seems the garment merchant in the Helmite temple in Silverymoon is a little off. I've attempted three times across copyovers to purchase some things from him, and I get the same result each time.

Ask about dyes, pay him two plat, make an order with "order <color> <color> plain <garment>", and you will get the garment desired correctly dyed. Repeat the payment and ordering, though, and he gives you an uncolored version of the garment requested. It also seems not to matter whether you change color; everything is plain after the first order.

I haven't really been able to do much fiddling with him because El doesn't exactly have a ton of money to blow through. Using "request" this last time I attempted, I did notice that the second garment I ordered was in his inventory, though he'd given me a plain one. Maybe the problem could be caused by his being a regular shop in addition to the special service he offers? At least, it appears from mortal observation that the issue mmight be related to a mistargeted give rather than botched productions of the garments themselves.

Thanks as always.
...But if thou hast done evil, fear her. For she beareth not her sword in vain. For she is the Lord's instrument: a wrathful avenger unto the wicked.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Re: Mob - Skinny Young Man in House Invincible

Post by Harroghty » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:57 am

Not sure why this is happening now; this worked without issue in the past. Still, for now there is an imperfect solution on him until I can test it more.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons