[obj] A Copper Torque with a Heart-Shaped Ruby

This forum contains bugs which the test team think are fixed are awaiting confirmation from the initial reporter of the bug.
Areia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

[obj] A Copper Torque with a Heart-Shaped Ruby

Post by Areia » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:35 am

Areia received this item from a special area a couple years ago. It's supposed to cast heal and always has done, except now it seems not to do anything at all.
This necklace is made of copper of thick square piece of copper attached
together. A thumb-sized heart of ruby is inset in the center of the torque.
OOC: heart to use it.
OOC: rechheart to recharge it.

heart
A cold feeling responds to you from the torque.
It was charged when I tried this, and I tried another item that mpcast to see if it was the mpcast bug, but the other item worked fine.
Nascentes morimur, finisque ab origine pendet.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Re: [obj] A Copper Torque with a Heart-Shaped Ruby

Post by Harroghty » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:54 pm

This is working as intended. There is a program preventing use in some cases.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Elisabeth
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Elisabeth » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:33 pm

Any clues about what those cases might be? Or how to fix it?

Like I said, it's always worked for her in the past, so it kinda sucks that it suddenly doesn't.
...But if thou hast done evil, fear her. For she beareth not her sword in vain. For she is the Lord's instrument: a wrathful avenger unto the wicked.
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:57 am

It also seems to affect the 'a shiny silver bracelet set with multicoloured gems' which is currently featured in the auction. I have one of each of these items, on different characters, and neither works for them. There being a 'hidden secret requirement' makes these pretty tricky.
"The noir hero is a knight in blood caked armour. He's dirty and he does his best to deny the fact that he's a hero the whole time."
~Frank Miller
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:05 pm

Aside from the above statement these items are coded to their original recipients. I'm not speaking on the comments before this current one, only this last comment. If your PC didn't buy it from a vendor it will not work. Think of NPCNAMEOMIT's armour and Faerdale's old rewards (same builder, same code concept).
Beshaba potatoes.