Orkskreem and halfdrow

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Vaemar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Orkskreem and halfdrow

Post by Vaemar » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:10 pm

I think this is the same bug that affects Bezantur. Half-drow cannot enter alone in the Orkskreem (there is a program that block them from even reaching the gates) further if they walk inside by some means, they are expelled and called elves.

Now... half-drow are really not elves, but the weird thing is that half-elves do not receive the same treatment, no expulsion and no impossibility to enter. So it does not make sense for half-drow to be treated that way, when half-elves are not.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Re: Orkskreem and halfdrow

Post by Harroghty » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:02 pm

This is more of a suggestion or it might be a bug.

It looks as if half elves are not allowed in Bezantur (and neither are halfdrow?).

Orkskreem Camp checks in places only for if race($n) == elf and thus appears to be meant to block any type of elf ...except halfelf sometimes needs to be added for whatever reason. This might be a bug.
if race($n) == Elf
or race($n) == Drow
or race($n) == Halfdrow
yell Panzy elf scum has entered da village!
Seems to suggest none are welcome.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Vaemar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Orkskreem and halfdrow

Post by Vaemar » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:11 pm

So, about Bezantur, last time I tried halfelves were let in and halfdrow were not.

Now, this is a clear bug because:
a) There is a temple of Lolth in Bezantur
b) Drow are allowed in (mechanically and by lore)
c) There is even a halfdrow mob inside the city!

Now that halfelves are banned there can make sense, but for halfdrow it does not, given all the above.

I think this stems from the fact halfdrow are set as "elf", in fact when they sleep they (quite incorrectly) slip into reverie like elves. On the other hand both halfelves and full-blood drow sleep normally. This strongly suggest there is something of this kind at play.

For Orkskreem, on the other hand, given how the check is made, I think there is clearly the opposite issue, it is then halfelves that need to be added. Conditioned by what I saw in Bezantur I thought the same about the orc camp. It makes sense, though, as Lolth and Gruumsh are enemies, even though not all drow follow Lolth, but what do the orcs know?

Thanks for checking the area files!