NPCs stealing containers

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Jarah
Sword Master
Sword Master

NPCs stealing containers

Post by Jarah » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:19 pm

Last night I logged on to take care of a quick something. Intending to be online all of ten minutes. While I was running the errand an NPC stole my character's bag. Is there any way that we can make it so that our NPCs that steal, cannot steal containers?

We caution players to be careful about taking containers, but then a man in a tavern can just snatch it, and there is really very little way to RP getting the item back unless you are lucky enough having someone online to help.

I normally would have waited longer to see if I could have gotten some help, but it was late and I hadn't intended on being online so long. If it had just been a single item, I probably would have just logged off and taken my chances that it would be there in the morning.

I do not have a problem with NPCs stealing, but I feel like they should have stricter rules because there is less opportunity to RP getting your things back. I couldn't negotiate with him. I couldn't even report him to the authorities. It was in a tavern full of other NPCs, and I didn't want to, but I finally ended up beating the guy for it so I could go to bed for the night. Luckily no one turned my character in, but it would have been really frustrating to have been banned from that city over this.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Re: NPCs stealing containers

Post by Harroghty » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:34 pm

Which NPC is it?
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Jarah
Sword Master
Sword Master

Re: NPCs stealing containers

Post by Jarah » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:47 pm

Waterdhavian Mercenary.

The first tavern on the eastern side when you get in Silverymoon. I can update with the name of the tavern in a bit if you need me to. The guy is handsy!