Luggage container does not appear

This forum contains bugs which the test team think are fixed are awaiting confirmation from the initial reporter of the bug.
Dainn
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Luggage container does not appear

Post by Dainn » Thu May 07, 2020 4:45 pm

I don't have repro steps. The luggage container seemed to have simply stopped appearing upon pulling the cord. QUITing didn't appear to help. The storage npc appears to be stuck in a state where it allows me to re-enter without paying, as if the process is stuck in an intermediate state.
Dainn
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Re: Luggage container does not appear

Post by Dainn » Mon May 11, 2020 12:26 am

Here are a few additional points I've learned the last few days after fooling around with the secure storage to try to recover my lost luggage container contents.
  • There is still no luggage container that appears when I PULL inside the Secure Storage room, even though the curtain locks behind me as expected.
  • I'm still able to enter and leave the Secure Storage room freely, without paying. As best I can tell without looking at the code, this indicates to me that the Secure Storage system is stuck in some intermediate state for my character. Leaving should put the system into a state whereby the NPC blocks you until you pay 1 plat again.
  • If I pay the NPC Lepage 1 plat before entering the Secure Storage, he will say 'You have already paid to enter the alcove!' and return the 1 plat.
  • Killing the NPC Lepage didn't reset the Secure Storage state for my character. Lepage still allows me to re-enter without paying and the luggage container still doesn't appear. The NPC's lifetime doesn't appear tied to the Secure Storage system's state for my character.
  • QUITing doesn't reset the Secure Storage state for my character.
  • Copyovers didn't reset the Secure Storage state for my character.
  • The recent server restart didn't reset the Secure Storage state for my character.
Thanks
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Mon May 11, 2020 3:29 pm

I'll get to this during the week. I didn't see your bag when I looked in the storeroom. Go ahead and submit an app for the items lost and I will look at the code again; it's not a storeroom issue, but it appears that sometimes the NPC eats the bag.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Fri May 29, 2020 7:14 pm

Thanks for detailed feedback here.

I changed the way luggage works.

You now just enter and your bag is in your inventory. You store your bag when you're done.

If, for some reason, your bag does not appear then you can open the curtain and leave.

I also changed all the bits to F0 colors.

In this case, we remunerated Dainn. We will work on a case by case basis with anyone who's lost a bag in the past, but I think this update should fix it.

Also, I sorted through the luggage and these are the people with a bag:
(39952) Rilocent's luggage bag lies here. (perfect)
(39952) Simossus's luggage bag lies here. (perfect)
(39952) Delphie's luggage bag lies here. (perfect)
(39952) Tandria's luggage bag lies here. (perfect)
(39952) Garrahk's luggage bag lies here. (perfect)
(39952) Ghan's luggage bag lies here. (perfect)
(39952) Prauss's luggage bag lies here. (perfect)
(39952) Stigr's luggage bag lies here. (perfect)
(39952) Zethanon's luggage bag lies here. (perfect)
(39952) Mordavus's luggage bag lies here. (perfect)
(39952) Vunrad's luggage bag lies here. (perfect)
(39952) Jalryssia's luggage bag lies here. (perfect)
(39952) Liri's luggage bag lies here. (perfect)
(39952) Verna's luggage bag lies here. (perfect)
(39952) Caraphindir's luggage bag lies here. (perfect)
(39952) Riviesse's luggage bag lies here. (perfect)
(39952) Bristanar's luggage bag lies here. (perfect)
(39952) Aramil's luggage bag lies here. (perfect)
(39952) Roderick's luggage bag lies here. (perfect)
(39952) A large bag lies on the ground here. (perfect)
(39952) Roiwyn's luggage bag lies here. (perfect)
(39952) Xtaipahiel's luggage bag lies here. (perfect)
(39952) Apillini's luggage bag lies here. (perfect)
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Lirith
Staff
Staff

Post by Lirith » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:04 pm

Confirmed that for anyone who previously had an issue with a bag not appearing, they might need a manual reset (see the copy below). The doormob also needs a tweak. I didn't see the "someone" the first time I went in.

Code: Select all

An Alcove
 E-Strongroom at t
This little alcove is clammy and claustrophobic.  There is a
small sign on the wall and a stoop cut into the stone on the
wall opposite the curtain, but it is otherwise bare.
The curtain snaps shut behind you.
Someone closes the curtain.
Someone locks the curtain with key.
Your collect your bag as it appears...
You see no aoifebag here.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:38 am

Thanks. Fixed the echo issue, but yes, former bag owners will need a reset.