Config Listen

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Jarah
Sword Master
Sword Master

Config Listen

Post by Jarah » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:33 pm

Hey all!

Have you ever set up an RP somewhere, or just ended up at an RP somewhere and you get more 'You hear the sound of footsteps...' than actual RP? We have all kinds of areas in the game that I'd love to use more, but the footstep spam drives me crazy. Now I know ICly you wouldn't be able to turn your hearing off, so this is purely a suggestion for our OOC sanity. I'd like to be able to toggle listen on and off with our config options. If you're going to be sitting around somewhere doing a bunch of chatting and such, there are times it would be really nice to be able to turn that off. I think if you were to turn this listen off, you would just have to do so knowing you are taking the chance of missing on hearing important footsteps or other things. I don't know how hard it would be to make happen, but it'd make me a happy camper!
Benorf
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Config Listen

Post by Benorf » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:37 pm

Assuming you use zMud, an easy workaround is a temporary trigger.

Pattern: You hear the sound of footsteps
Command: #GAG

This will prevent the entire line from appearing on your screen, not just the text listed in the pattern.

If you want to get extra fancy and be able to look back upon the thousands of footsteps, you could do

Command: #GAG ;#CAPTURE Footsteps

That'll create another window with -just- the lines it hides from your view.

These sorts of triggers are allowed, as all they're doing is cleaning up your screen. In fact, they're very helpful for things that get missed in combat, such as equipment getting damaged or skill improvements. You can just use the #CAPTURE command to create a new window without hiding the text in case you missed something important.

Now just pretend that I responded to this 9 months ago.
Benorf the Stout, Axe of Torm
Formyndare Mastare, Horn Guard of Yondalla
Thaien Ellbrecht, Planar Interviewer