Client Help

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Lystianna
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Client Help

Post by Lystianna » Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:59 pm

Hey,
First, lemme start by saying I'm super-happy this game is back, and still seems to have an active pbase. Yay! \o/
But also, I'm trying to play (when I can); and as always I'm using MUSHClient. Oldie, but a goodie. Yet for some reason, I keep getting lines... running into each other?
example: Please select the character you wish to play [1-7, default:3]: You have chosen to play [redacted].
It's also putting stuff that's supposed to be on a new line after the prompt on the same line AS the prompt.
Is this some kinda client fail? Do I need to change prompt settings or something? By prompt I'm referring to "<100%hp 100m 100%mv> "
This is majorly irritating my OCD, and wreaking havok on my nice, neat logs. Can anyone help?
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Re: Client Help

Post by Harroghty » Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:39 am

Not super familiar with that client, but I have been enjoying using CMUD by Zugg. It doesn't have too steep a learning curve, and allows you to do a lot of stuff with different windows and logging. It is paid, but there's a 30 day free trial and I think you could just uninstall and reinstall if you wanted to do so.

http://forums.zuggsoft.com/index.php?p=cmud
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons