quest reward size

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Eltsac
Webmaster
Webmaster

quest reward size

Post by Eltsac » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:11 pm

I wondered if, for new coded quest (changing it for existing quests would be too much work), when it's ICly alright (like the reward is especially crafted for the PC, or is found by the mob somewhere and can be any size...), the quest reward could have a small and a medium size version, the mob giving one or the other considering the PC's race.

Most rewards are medium and thus are not really a reward for a small PC who still made the quest.

Or maybe a reduce / enlarge object spell, that could be permanent, but would have some cost.. but then it would still disadvantage small people on the quest reward situation.

Eltsac
Eltsac, Loren Wildsoul, Gaymor, Heleyn Featherhand, Aminiel Emeraldeyes, Derissa Silvershield, Hova, Cal Nimblefinger, Cylistria Baenre
Japcil
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Japcil » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:10 pm

There is a ommand for quest rewards called mpresize. It allows the object to be sized according to character size. It is usually found of quest armour and weapons.
Lorion
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Lorion » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:55 pm

If you mean items such as armor, they can be changed -once- by a mob who also repairs items of that material, and also by PC armorsmiths, leatherworkers etc. (this is what i heard..i think I also tried it out once or twice, but that has been a while ago so I forgot how it works)
Kelemvor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kelemvor » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:19 pm

Items which are magical can not be resized by NPCs.

PCs can resize armour only and only if it is made of a material that they can work with.

Some older quests will not employ the mpresize command and all characters will end up with the same sized item regardless of race.

Supplicated faith items are similarly not race size specific. (Though they should be deity race size specific)

If the item should be usable and its size prevents you doing so, send a note in to applications@forgottenkingdoms.com and we MAY resize it for you if we have time and you are deemed worthy ;)
...never send to know for whom the bell tolls,
it tolls for thee.