Message posts

For builders to discuss and ask building questions.
Duranamir
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Message posts

Post by Duranamir » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:59 pm

Is there any instruction on how to code a message post. I have looked in the builders lessons but can not find anything.

Duranamir
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:12 pm

This is not something you can code in an area. The area side of it is simply an object that can ICly serve as a message board.

Turning the object into a note board needs to be done online by an imm.
Duranamir
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Duranamir » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:17 pm

Ok is there any specific requirements of the object ? to allow it to be turned into a message board. i.e. object type etc.

Duranamir
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:32 pm

No requirement, except that it must be IC for it to be turned into a note board.

If you want to restrict access to it, you can also add an "intercept_prog note" on it, and only mpunintercept for people with a precise quest bit value, or a guild, or a deity, ...
Arnof
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Re: Message posts

Post by Arnof » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:04 am

I super duper hate reviving a thread this old, but it is exactly what I have a question about. Assuming we've got the IC requirements in place under what circumstances would a note board be approved? This references a brainstorming conversation I was having with a peer as opposed to an immediate in-development need.

Thanks,
B
Talos
Staff
Staff

Re: Message posts

Post by Talos » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:16 am

It's as simple as having a valid reason for it to exist, at present most boards are never used and sadly serve no purpose.
A goblin, a trickster, a warrior? A nameless terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. A most feared being in all the cosmos. Nothing could stop, hold, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.