Builders' Registery

For builders to discuss and ask building questions.
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Builders' Registery

Post by Dalvyn » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:30 pm

If you are a builder, please post below (and I will update this list), indicating whether you consider yourself as a soft builder (descriptions, item ideas, ...) and/or a hard builder (coding areas and programs).

Also, indicate if you are willing to cooperate with others on a building project (e.g., if you would be interested to be contacted by another builder needing your help as a soft/hard builder). For example, if you are a builder and can code areas and programs, and are willing to help others code their quests, but are not interested in writing descriptions for others, then categorize yourself as a Soft Builder not interested in cooperating and Hard Builder interested in cooperating. All options are possible; for example, I consider myself both a Soft and Hard Builder (I have ideas and I can code), but I don't have the time to collaborate with others. If I need some help with descriptions in an area, I might come to this list and try to get one of the soft builders' help: this list can also be used when you are looking for help.

Builders (updated 17 Nov 2016)

1. Soft Builders: These builders are interested in providing ideas or writing descriptions and "color" text.
  • a. Soft Builders Available for Collaboration. These builders may or may not have contributed in the past, but would like to work with others to do so.
    • - Ciara
      - Gwain
      - Khelebhzed
      - Lisira
      - Nearraba
      - Peverell
      - Selveem
      - Duranamir
      - Ellian
      - Horace
      - Japcil
      - Kirkus
      - Kregor
      - Lathlain
      - Larethiel
      - Layna
      - Lerytha
      - Liandria
      - Nedylene
      - Ninde
      - Tandria
      - Twyrnea
      - Velsavius
      - Zach
      - Zilvryn
    b. Soft Builders. These builders have contributed to an area in the past or are working on an approved project.
    • - Algon
      - Andreas
      - Aramil
      - Brar
      - Eltsac
      - Harroghty
      - Lysha
      - Nearraba
      - Orplar
      - Solaghar
      - Argentia
      - Dalvyn
      - Jzexleth
      - Jharthyne
      - Nicolya
      - Shabanna
      - Scylere
2. Hard Builders: These builders are able to write code or use OLC.
  • a. Hard Builders Available for Collaboration.
    • - Duranamir
      - Rhytania
      - Japcil
      - Kregor
      - Lathlain
      - Tandria
      - Ellian
      - Nedylene
      - Valdimyr
    b. Qualified Hard Builders. These inviduals have completed at least one area.
    • - Algon
      - Aramil
      - Brar
      - Casamir
      - Eltsac
      - Enig
      - Janon
      - Jharthyne
      - Harroghty
      - Lath'lain
      - Lathander
      - Mask
      - Mele
      - Solaghar
      - Vantessa
      - Dalvyn
      - Jzexleth
    c. Unqualified Hard Builders. These individuals will be qualified upon completion of an area.
    • - Athon
      - Aldren
      - Alexan
      - Myn
      - Rayen
      - Tarven
      - Argentia
      - Amalia
      - Kirkus
      - Lerytha
      - Scylere
      - Velsavius
Note:
Confirmed names from the original list or new names will be black.
Unconfirmed names from the original list will be in red.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Re: Builders' Registery

Post by Harroghty » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:52 pm

This is probably due for an update. The same categories apply: soft builders are the idea people (they write descriptions or simply develop concepts) and hard builders write code. Some people are both. I think though that we should focus on those people interested in working with others. There are many areas "Under Construction" that could probably be finished with a little bit of help.

Please post here if you are interested in working with others in either capacity. Thanks!
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Re: Builders' Registery

Post by Harroghty » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:27 pm

Please allow me to add a little clarity.

Hard builders:
  • -Qualified: You have built at least one area.
    -Unqualified: You are building one right now (i.e. you have an approved project that you are building off-line or with OLC).
Soft builders:
  • -Soft Builder: You have done this before or are doing it now.
    -Soft Builder: You have or have not done it before, but you are open to working with others.
All that to say that if you have not worked a soft builder in the past, and are not doing so right now, then please only submit your name if you are willing to work with others. Thanks!
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons