Helpfile Changes!

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Re: Helpfile Changes!

Post by Harroghty » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:11 pm

I linked help repair to help armour condition.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Trillarel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Trillarel » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:54 pm

I'd like it if help mend was somehow linked to help repair and vice versa.

I wasted my time suggesting something that was already implemented...
Tarven
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tarven » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:01 pm

Already done, pending code council approval, when I read your other post. So you've wasted your time suggesting things twice! =D
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:28 pm

Made slight modification to help armor type pending code council approval to explain light mail = chain shirt.
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights
Kethyean
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Kethyean » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:12 am

the link in the bard publications helpfile doesn't lead to anywhere.
Father guide my blade and see your work be done!
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:15 pm

Bad URL for Applications has been fixed.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:07 am

Tarven wrote:Stone Body is another example of a spell that has stat changes, but doesn't currently show what they are. I'd change it, but I don't have the spell, so couldn't say.
Thanks! Made it explicit.
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:10 am

Trillarel wrote:I am here with a nitpick: neither 'help equipment' nor 'help repair' give the sequence of states the item might be in, and I can't figure out if 'perfect' is better than 'superb' or is it the other way round.
Added link between CONDITION and EQUIPMENT - thanks for pointing this out!

Also updated names of REPAIRING ARMOUR and ARMOUR CONDITION to the more general REPAIRING EQUIPMENT and EQUIPMENT CONDITION, and added link between EQUIPMENT DAMAGE and both CONDITION and MENDING.
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:53 am

Help long axes only shows battle axes currently. Great axe oughta be there too.
"The noir hero is a knight in blood caked armour. He's dirty and he does his best to deny the fact that he's a hero the whole time."
~Frank Miller
Tyeslan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tyeslan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:56 pm

Can the poison resist feat helpfile be updated to include what races can take it? Someone used ask the other night because it was offered to them, but when they tried to take it, it told them they couldn't.
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:12 am

Alitar wrote:Help long axes only shows battle axes currently. Great axe oughta be there too.
Quite right! Fixed, thank you for pointing this out.
Tyeslan wrote:Can the poison resist feat helpfile be updated to include what races can take it? Someone used ask the other night because it was offered to them, but when they tried to take it, it told them they couldn't.
Well, golly. Sure enough, it looks like humans and elves can't take it, but orcs can. That doesn't square with what little canon information I can find on this feat (it looks like it should be a regional feat?). My tools don't let me see what races it actually allows...but it looks like it is not working anyway! I'll create a new bug report. Thanks for the heads-up!
Algon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Algon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:31 pm

Can we get a help file put in for the Defensive casting combat mode? I am not really sure if it does anything negative at all.
Counting bodies like sheep...to the rhythm of the war drums. ~~~ Maynard
Anguin
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Anguin » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:21 pm

One player suggested that there be help files including lists of materials that could be used in crafting. He also suggested that there be an entry on DR (damage reduction) and what sort of materials could bypass it; e.g silver for undead or lycanthropes, adamantine for stone skin, and so on.
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:51 am

Siangham is absent from the "Thrusting Blades" helpfile.
"The noir hero is a knight in blood caked armour. He's dirty and he does his best to deny the fact that he's a hero the whole time."
~Frank Miller
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:11 am

One player suggested that there be help files including lists of materials that could be used in crafting. He also suggested that there be an entry on DR (damage reduction) and what sort of materials could bypass it; e.g silver for undead or lycanthropes, adamantine for stone skin, and so on.
I think this knowledge is best learned from other characters ICly. I recall having an interesting RP with Eilkash where-in he taught Alitar some of the ways to defeat certain undead. Also, what you wrote isn't entirely accurate for what some of those materials do.
~Frank Miller
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:43 am

Algon wrote:Can we get a help file put in for the Defensive casting combat mode? I am not really sure if it does anything negative at all.
Thanks, that was needed! I cleaned up HELP CONCENTRATION and added an explanation of the CAST DEFENSIVELY combatmode to HELP COMBATMODE. In a nutshell, it causes you to always make a concentration check, but avoids attacks of opportunity. Normally you only make concentration checks if you take damage. So if you are at the back of a group, or a warrior-type caster, it's probably a bad choice, while if you are fighting alone with an easily-hit target, it may be a much better option.
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:46 am

Alitar wrote:Siangham is absent from the "Thrusting Blades" helpfile.
Thank you! Duly added.
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:52 am

Alitar wrote:
I think this knowledge is best learned from other characters ICly. I recall having an interesting RP with Eilkash where-in he taught Alitar some of the ways to defeat certain undead. Also, what you wrote isn't entirely accurate for what some of those materials do.
I tend to agree with Alitar on this one. There is a helpfile on damage reduction, but I understand how it can be both frustrating and confusing to have your attacks all rendered useless by it. A while back I went so far as to add keywords to the existing helpfile so that HELP BOUNCES and the like point to it. That said, what specifically bypasses given reductions is the grist of an in-game book or similar IC communication. Similarly, crafting is meant to be a discovery process...and it is also constantly evolving, so keeping helpfiles updated for it would be very hard!

If anyone sees an avenue by which the OOC aspects of this (relatively new to FK) combat enhancement can be clarified, though, by all means please share them with me. I do feel for those who are not dice-heads and get confused by this!
Anguin
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Anguin » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:40 pm

Raona wrote:There is a helpfile on damage reduction
I believe I gave the player some bad information on this. I could not find the help file at the time (it was listed under 'Resistances and Damage Reduction'). My bad! Sorry!
Anguin
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Anguin » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:41 am

'Expertise' is not listed under fighter bonus feats. But, when I trained it, it took one of my fighter bonus feats (I had both kinds available). I think it just needs to be added to the list.