Casual Events!

A place to announce forthcoming events and roleplays, organised by imms or players.
Ailyn
Sword Master
Sword Master

Re: Casual Events!

Post by Ailyn » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:44 am

Any beginning priests or those of some skill that have some experience and wish to learn the basics of a few prayers, Ailyn will be willing to have lessons much of the day, unless other events happen to take place. She will mostly be found in Waterdeep, so find her or contact her if interested. If you can form a group for it, all the better so I have to teach certain ones fewer times. Make sure you have the experience to learn, or else you might listen to the training but never learn anything. This is no cost, though donations to the church of Mystra are appreciated still, as are components that may be used in the lessons.

OOC: This is for Friday, Nov 4. I am a US player, CST, for a point of reference. Again, if Ailyn is around, she is willing to teach. This is not for enemies of the faith, so the standard No Sharrans, Talosians and Cyricists rules apply, as well as anything IC she deems.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
Areia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Areia » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:49 pm

Rumor spreads from Waterdeep City: The Deathmage Areia of Kelemvor is to seek soon a gathering of seasoned adventurers, though further details are few. It is only known that her mission, long a trial as it will be, promises danger as few other missions could, and reward promised by a powerful source should the task be completed successfully. Those able and interested (and not foe to Lord Kelemvor's flock) should meet at Shadowdale's Old Skull Inn at the below time.

OOC: To begin prep around 20:30 (8:30 PM) EST tomorrow, Wednesday, 16 November. It is expected to take some time, perhaps a few hours at the least, depending. Requires a fairly balanced group and if tomorrow night seems not to work for the majority, we'll move it to nearer the weekend.
Nascentes morimur, finisque ab origine pendet.
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:15 am

I have a wizard, fighter and priest. What are others bringing?

I'm leaning towards priest since the OP is already a wizard.
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!
Larethiel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Larethiel » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:05 am

Sounds cool, though 2.30am will ne a toughy :)
Weit in der Champagne im Mittsommergrün,
dort, wo zwischen Grabkreuzen Mohnblumen blühn,
da flüstern die Gräser und wiegen sich leicht
im Wind, der sanft über das Gräberfeld streicht.
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:04 am

I'm free everyday other than friday and saturday will depend if / when the alchemy thing happens. Feel free to shift to the american afternoon to accomodate european players if need be. Or later so they can jump on in the morning.
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!
Algon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Algon » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:01 pm

Kaden should be able to make this.
Counting bodies like sheep...to the rhythm of the war drums. ~~~ Maynard
Alinor
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Alinor » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:21 pm

Alinor is going to attempt to be there.
Areia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Areia » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:46 am

For many, the magical school of necromancy is shrouded in mystery and fright, the stuff of nightmare and cruel lich king's pleasure. But what is it, in truth? How does it work? And when ought it and ought it not be used? These and more issues are to be raised during a gathering to be held at the below time upon the vacant lot at the northeast end of Warrior's Way in Waterdeep City.

Sponsored by the church of Lord Kelemvor and hosted by it's Shepherd and Deathlord Areia, this forum will hopefully shed more understanding on the school in general and its spells an application in particular. All interested (arcanist or no) and not foe to Death's flock are welcome to attend and participate in the discussion. Food and drink will be provided.

OOC: Starts at 14:00 (2:00 PM) EST on Saturday, 19 November and will go until whenever people don't feel like hanging around anymore. People should feel free to come and go as needed. If this is horrid timing for most people, I'll shift it to accommodate.
Areia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Areia » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:30 pm

A half hour into the above and none have come around yet. I'll see about trying for another time soon! :D
Ithrael
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Ithrael » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:32 am

Sorry I missed this one, if you want to schedule another, I've a mage who'd like to join in the discussions.
Harvin
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Harvin » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:49 am

Count me in as well! ;)
No! I don't want to be a "Sword Novice"! I wish to be a "Whip" or "Crossbow Novice"! Swords are so... mundane...
Diritas
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Diritas » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:06 am

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ ... 1=%3A&ah=2

The wedding of the lovely Seraphine and Lord Diritas Marshall is at long last rapidly approaching. Certain worthies, dignitaries, friends, and family have been personally invited however any with respectful intention, and finery fit enough to pass the doormen, are welcome to attend.
A reception will follow, with meal and refreshments provided. Those who have come to know the bride and groom, and who wish to honour them so, may offer words for their behalf.
The ceremony will take place at the gardens of the Gilded Lance within Westgate. Dissent or disruption will be quickly remedied.
Happening tomorrow. Scheduling for this has been difficult. Sorry for short notice to those who are interested in attending.
The truth is… you're the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men. But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.
Ailyn
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Ailyn » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:13 am

Ailyn will be doing lessons once more for any casters who might wish to learn a few new spells. If anyone is interested, please contact Ailyn whenever you wish. She will be available for these lessons the rest of today and most of tomorrow, Saturday the 17th of Dec. This is just a simple notice for any wishing, and can teach many prayers up to the sixth tier to a basic understanding. As always, no enemies of the faith will be taught.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
Talos
Staff
Staff

Ringmaster Slip-n-Slide

Post by Talos » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:52 pm

Event concluded.

You may still mail eleven pieces of +1 rmi weapons to Betelgeuse, and specify one of those weapons to be elevated to +2. One submission per player, we accept zero liability for things eaten by the mail.
A goblin, a trickster, a warrior? A nameless terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. A most feared being in all the cosmos. Nothing could stop, hold, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Areia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Areia » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:06 am

Thanks a lot for the visit, Mister Betelgeuse!
Alinor
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Alinor » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:04 am

Yes, thank you for the visit!
Thodomus
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Thodomus » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:41 am

Attention all hungry, thirsty, and bored folks near Waterdeep, Thodomus will be in the town center for a good while from now peddling all manner of food and drinks, including some items prepared-to-order on the spot. Bring your own fuel for the cookfire and get a discount or perhaps a free snack.

(Apologies if this sort of advertisement is inappropriate. Let me know if it is and I'll delete it.)

Edit: Ended!
Skylar
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Skylar » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:45 am

Thodomus wrote:(Apologies if this sort of advertisement is inappropriate. Let me know if it is and I'll delete it.)

Edit: Ended!
It's perfectly appropriate! Don't you worry!
"Some of us try hard to make the world a better place than it was when we found it. I know that's what I try to do. I won't always be successful, but that's life."
~Kara Zor-El
Talos
Staff
Staff

Post by Talos » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:54 pm

Fresh missions are posted on the adventurer's board at the Sword's Rest tavern in Waterdeep and the Adventeur's Brisket in Luskan.
A goblin, a trickster, a warrior? A nameless terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. A most feared being in all the cosmos. Nothing could stop, hold, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Saoirse
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Saoirse » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:43 pm

UNITY GATHERING @ HALLS OF JUSTICE, WATERDEEP
(Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 4PM EST)

There will be a small gathering for friends, family, adventurers and any who wish to attend that are allowed entry into the Common Room at the Halls of Justice in Waterdeep.

Be prepared to meet others and generally have a good time!

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ ... ah=1&am=30