Improved meditate?

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Talamar
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Talamar » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:47 pm

I think that's what they're trying to get across yes.

It would allow priests to regain mana, even while they're wearing the Platemail which their vocation allows.

Right now, any armor at all, impedes your success at meditation. The preposed feat, would either, cut that down immediately, or, if multiple levels of it were allowed, then each would cut the chances of failing due to armor.
Kelemvor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kelemvor » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:40 am

My own opinion, but I wouldnt want to see this available to all priests and I'd hope it would merely reduce the armour fails and not remove them entirely.

Faiths who's clerics are not noted for wearing heavy armour should not get it. eg Chauntea, Mielikki, Umberlee and those others who are commonly held to wear leathers rather than heavy armour
...never send to know for whom the bell tolls,
it tolls for thee.
Talamar
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Talamar » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:13 am

Agreed.

Mostly I think this would be for balance. A Cleric of Lathander, resplendent in his rose tinted platemail, would be able to refresh his spells given by his god, as easily as a Mielikkan druid in her leather garb.

Codewise though, the heavier armoured cleric takes quite a bit longer to refresh his mana.

Just for the example.
Algon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Algon » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:13 pm

I have a priest that is Grandmaster at meditate and wears full platemail and it takes him a few minutes in rl to regain mana meditating.
I can see priest who would wear armour like this being tought how to concentrate and push your mind past some of the things with heavy armour that would hender meditation. Such as you learn to mentally dismiss the way you would not be able to get fully comfortable wearing armour.

And I agree, this feat should not completely remove the armour hindering meditation, but perhaps cut down on it. My preist can meditate and I have gotten around 10 or 15 "Your armour hinders your attempt" in a row. I feel that is a little much. :p And I would gladly trade in glory for a feat like this. So I believe that says alot about how I feel about this feat lol
Just my two cents worth.
Counting bodies like sheep...to the rhythm of the war drums. ~~~ Maynard
Talamar
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Talamar » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:48 pm

I know just for personal experience, I wouldn't mind at all dropping three feat points into something like this, to help improve my ability to meditate.
Athon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Athon » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:09 pm

If it was to be implemented into the game as a group of three feats, would certain priest guilds get training in this feat, maybe one point or two at most?
~Vanguardier Athon, High Priest of Torm~
~Moranall, Fighter of Waterdeep~
Glim
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Glim » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:17 pm

Hmm, just wondering, but where does this leave priests of those faiths that choose not to wear metal/heavy armor? Priests decked out in full platemail already have the advantage that they have better AC, priests dont get dodge, so the only advantage druids and priests of other gods that choose to wear leathers had was that they meditated faster.

Questions in the afternoon, :)
Glim asks Gwain 'Can I be on the watch?!?'
Gwain raises an eyebrow.
Gwain seems to display a look of complete horror for a second...
Talamar
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Talamar » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:56 pm

I think that's why this would be a three feat point feat.

That way, the advantage is, they can spend those feat points on other things, while a priest that wants that advantage, needs to invest either feat points, or the glory to get feat points into it.
Hviti
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Hviti » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:14 am

Seeing as there is now a lag on meditate, could improved meditate also decrease the lag for post-combat meditation in a similar way as it would decrease the hindrance of armor? (You are used to meditation, so you can enter that state sooner after adrenaline rushes?)